The Conservative Party

It was being said last night that the lower inflation figure might make them make some kind of announcement - the person I saw talking about it was thinking autumn, rather than July. Maybe they want a summer holiday.

July 4 is fairly destructive - new govt, 12 days (including the Fridays) and then summer recess. No chance to get anything changed by Parliament for months.

It was being said last night that the lower inflation figure might make them make some kind of announcement - the person I saw talking about it was thinking autumn, rather than July. Maybe they want a summer holiday.

July 4 is fairly destructive - new govt, 12 days (including the Fridays) and then summer recess. No chance to get anything changed by Parliament for months.
It would also be destructive for the tory party.....

Basically time is running out for them and the date of the election is the last big call they will make. Summer has always been avoided in the past but I don't see any big advantage in waiting for colder darker evenings (the reason you normally get).

I'd imagine the biggest factor is mps and ministers hanging on to the pay cheques as long as possible.

It would also be destructive for the tory party.....

Basically time is running out for them and the date of the election is the last big call they will make. Summer has always been avoided in the past but I don't see any big advantage in waiting for colder darker evenings (the reason you normally get).

I'd imagine the biggest factor is mps and ministers hanging on to the pay cheques as long as possible.

I'm not sure the date is going to make that much difference to the outcome; I suspect only relatively few are desperate for that last 20k, and they're probably the ones who aren't considered important.

The theory last night was that they actually have some good news (for a very narrow definition of good news) that they can use.

I suppose it depends on whether they expect any other good news, or at least no-worse news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.