The Conservative Party

I'll have a look if it's published free online anywhere, I read about it in a journal I was having to read for a work project (nothing to do with politics, I was supposed to reading up on metacognition in the same publication). There were a couple of universities that had conducted the research definitely Queen Mary was one and I think the other was Sussex, no chance of me remembering the names of the academics ! I will try and see if I can find it because as you say it was really interesting.

As I'm here and it's you... given the album thread this week has touched on some 'politics' here's something that I wanted to share but just thought it would derail the music discussion too much. It's an FT article basically saying that the UK is actually an outlier in terms of quite how much our young people have rejected right wing politics and postulating that it can be directly attributed to a level of collapse in social mobility that has not been the case in other countries. For a while now I've been convinced we are not a 'normal' country politically at all, in fact probably not since Thatchers economic experiments of the 80s.

Anyway I will try and find a link to that stuff for you.

Dam would be interested in that article but it’s behind a paywall.

None of these people need a winter fuel payment

Wearing a solid gold Rolex watch may not be an indication of wealth, A lifetime 50 years service of labour people were awarded gifts of gold clocks or watches.
A very common practice is for people to read books(newspapers. we should be highlighting the cost of energy for everyone.

The focus should be on the triple hike in energy prices the conservatives were responsible for, that’s why the WFP was given in the first instance, energy prices are set to rise by 10% this year and Reeves thinks it’s okay to withdraw the WFP it won’t be forgotten, the decent things Labour will do during this term in office won’t matter come the next elections.

Already the plan for using the race card and restoring the WFP is being formed down in Tory headquarters. Nothing changes just promises.

They hoped pensioners and disabled people would die during Covid and thousands did, Reeves hopes freezing to death will cut thousands more off the social bill.
I don’t believe they deliberately set out to reduce the social bill but that’s what will happen

I'm struggling to understand the about turn the Tories have made on protecting pensioners.

They were happy to let them die during COVID and every winter when they were in power because they couldn't afford heating.
It’s a vote winner no intention of restoring the WFP. It’s a never ending cycle of giving :) then taking away, :(
I want fuel prices frozen for everyone but people just focus on the very few rich pensioners as if that’s going to help bring prices down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.