The cooking thread!

Steviesleftpeg

I absolutely love it. Its my passion. I've just made and polished off a lovely gammon steak (topped with a fried egg) with oven roasted home made chips, peas and homemade coleslaw.

It was brilliant.

Any other BM's a dab hand in the kitchen?

Steviesleftpeg said:
I absolutely love it. Its my passion. I've just made and polished off a lovely gammon steak (topped with a fried egg) with oven roasted home made chips, peas and homemade coleslaw.

It was brilliant.

Any other BM's a dab hand in the kitchen?

Erm I'm a dab hand at dialing for a takeaway? Lol noted your in the realms of levenshulme, scary I could be your next door neighbour. Btw I can cook if the need arises, can cook a curry from scratch, err a roast, nowt special, as homemade colesaw though, i'm impressed. lol

i've been getting into the barby's,today i've cooked for 12,usually she does the cooking but i can defdo cook up a storm,i really enjoyas well

Yeah love my cooking and love trying new things.

I love it so much I tried to go into it as a career and went to college but it kinda took some of the magic away from it when I was gunna be doing it day in day out as a job so I kept it as a hobby.

It's not quite a passion, but something that i do enjoy.

I just make shit up, no actual real technical ability. I find the absolute key to cooking is just to taste it as you go along, then know the key ingredients you can add that will salvage almost anything - butter, cheese, salt, cream, bacon, sugar etc

It's like botch job, cowboy cookery, but when cooking for yourself it's fine.

Love cooking, hate washing up.

10 minute tea using a wok.

Bag of ready made american salad (lettuce, sliced peppers, grated carrot).
Straight to the wok noodles, coated with some watered down black pepper or chilli sauce.
Diced chicken and onion seasoned with paprika.

Serve in a bowl, with a toasted pitta bread. Awesome.

Oooh goody , count me in .......

i'm all for cooking fucking ... oops ... i mean fucking cooking!

2hx0da8.jpg
24e1j14.jpg

Had wanted to try making fried chicken for some time and finally gave it a whirl after coming across a fairly simple & straightforward recipe

Picked up some de-boned chicken thighs from local butcher and seasoned with some BBQ chicken seasoning I enjoyed in New Orleans - outstanding

Few tips I advise from above recipe is to go less is more in terms of the flour, not to be afraid to season liberally and for extra crispy batter it twice

I left it 11 minutes in deep fryer for each batch and I was pretty surprised at how tender, crispy & ultimately easy it was in the end

Chicken breast stuffed with cheese, pesto and tomato purée, wrapped in prosciutto and drizzled with olive oil then sprinkled with black pepper and placed on on baking parchment, baked for 25 minutes at 180 fan.
Served with sautéed potatoes, steamed cauliflower and boiled carrots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.