The Courteeners

Best band from Manchester in recent years? No way.
Kloot
Elbow
Working for a Nuclear Free City

They're okay. Nothing more.

Some decent songs like "Kings Of The New Road" "Cavorting" and "Kimberley" but a lot of garbage and pop crap.

to be fair on liam, who is a decent lad, if someone came up to you and said " you're a half decent song writer, polish your bands image up sort a few more tunes and ill make you a millionaire" we would all do it and piss off whoever on the way there

dannyboy29 said:
very average, their manager is one of the top dogs at SJM so they were always gonna get the best gigs, the best reviews and the best plugging. if u gave that to half the bands out there at the min they would build a local fan base quite quick as people beleive what they read. 1 or 2 good tunes.

They wouldn't get the gigs if they couldn't sell tickets. The GMEX and MEN Arena shows went really quickly.

And I think I know the Manager you're talking about. He's full of himself but has alot going on upstairs. He delivers!

Their tunes are class and they're amazing live, seen them at least 10 times including when they did Ruby Lounge to about 400 people a couple of years ago. Looking forward to the new album and annual gig in town around Xmas time hopefully.

Went to see them at the Apollo last year and thought they were decent until a load of Rag twats started singing rag songs half way through. Believe Fray is a rag so that puts me off em straight away

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Went to see them at the Apollo last year and thought they were decent until a load of Rag twats started singing rag songs half way through. Believe Fray is a rag so that puts me off em straight away

At the Ruby Lounge the same happened, he stopped the music and told them to shut the fuck up cos the gig was about music not football, even though they had just finished a Champs League game 10-15 mins earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.