The Crooked House

I think the headlines will appease the locals and those up in arms. I imagine however it will drift quietly away. Bottom line is that it was a dump that no one wanted to go to.

There would have been nothing to prevent them demolishing it, had they wanted to do it properly. The council can claim the procedure wasn't followed, but that is a paperwork exercise. Taking the investigation into arson out of it.

I think the headlines will appease the locals and those up in arms. I imagine however it will drift quietly away. Bottom line is that it was a dump that no one wanted to go to.
Spot on.

It wasn't great (much better beer in the Gornals) and like much of the Dudley area hard to get to for the visitor.

The Carlton Tavern in Kilburn is the other pub that had to be rebuilt after demolition. It didn't seem busy when I went last year.

Spot on.

It wasn't great (much better beer in the Gornals) and like much of the Dudley area hard to get to for the visitor.

The Carlton Tavern in Kilburn is the other pub that had to be rebuilt after demolition. It didn't seem busy when I went last year.

Quite an interesting case that. It was in the process of being listed (two days from being completed, according to Historic England) and the developpers rushed to demolish it while they could. So it was a lot more enforceable, although not completely clear cut either.

Quite an interesting case that. It was in the process of being listed (two days from being completed, according to Historic England) and the developpers rushed to demolish it while they could. So it was a lot more enforceable, although not completely clear cut either.
Yes, a scandal to rival the demolition of Tommy Ducks by cover of night 31 years ago.

No one yet mentioned the bastards blocked the approach roads with debris before they set it alight to hinder the fire services?

No one yet mentioned the bastards blocked the approach roads with debris before they set it alight to hinder the fire services?

They'll have bigger problems than whether they had proper planning notifications in place, if that's true.

Live 5 minutes away from that and if 21000 people bothered to go there when it was open it wouldn't have shut in the first place
My first thought on this being forced to rebuild is, busy fuckers.
The place looked like a dump before it was levelled and i bet no more than 10 signatories on the petition have been in in the last 5 years.

This sort of thing happens quite regular. I don't think it's a question of the beer was shit so it needs burning to the ground . A lot of pubs have car parks = lots of land for developers to build houses/flats . We need more housing but that should not come at a cost of uncle Albert needing a pint or two . I could name twenty pub in my area that have gone since I was a kid . And with that you loose community and well being for a lot of people. It's never a accident, it's money and greed .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.