The Crucial Ten Games - Pressure Monitor!

C_T_I_D

Can someone make this a sticky please.

Basically, the significant majority of people were saying that the next nine games we are capable of winning them all. We already lost one of these games. Okay it's not crucial in terms of us already having progressed, but it is in terms of the future of the manager in my opinion.

1. Racing Santander - Loss 3 - 1 away
2. West Bromich Albion -
3. Hull City -
4. Blackburn Rovers -
5. Nottingham Forest -
6. Portsmouth -
7. Wigan Athletic -
8. Newcastle United -
9. Stoke City -
10. Middlesbrough -

I think this thread should be cut off if indeed Mark Hughes is relieved of his managerial duties at Manchester City. I think this should act as a log of the kind of pressure the manager will be under as the games go on etc. This is the amount of games people were prepared to give him so hey, lets monitor this.

Re: The Crucial Nine Games - Pressure Monitor!

C_T_I_D said:

Basically, the significant majority of people were saying that the next nine games we are capable of winning them all. We already lost one of these games. Okay it's not crucial in terms of us already having progressed, but it is in terms of the future of the manager in my opinion.

2. West Bromich Albion -
3. Blackburn Rovers -
4. Nottingham Forest -
5. Portsmouth -
6. Wigan Athletic -
7. Newcastle United -
8. Stoke City -
9. Middlesbrough -

I think this thread should be cut off if indeed Mark Hughes is relieved of his managerial duties at Manchester City. I think this should act as a log of the kind of pressure the manager will be under as the games go on etc. This is the amount of games people were prepared to give him so hey, lets monitor this.

Has Hull been cancelled on Boxing Day?

My first home game this season it was half time and we were 2-0 up against a top tour side. Before the break they were up to around 70% possession. Changes to tighten things up at half time - none. I would have pulled the trigger then.

Re: The Crucial Nine Games - Pressure Monitor!

PistonBlue said:
C_T_I_D said:

2. West Bromich Albion -
3. Blackburn Rovers -
4. Nottingham Forest -
5. Portsmouth -
6. Wigan Athletic -
7. Newcastle United -
8. Stoke City -
9. Middlesbrough -

Has Hull been cancelled on Boxing Day?
is that a winable game for us?

The first one was not crucial for Hughes either.

We won the group on Thursday, the Uefa campaign is a succesful one which strengthens Hughes' position and raises our profile. The next Uefa games will have more bearing though.

We need to be well clear of the bottom 3 after these matches, aways at Liverpool, West Ham and Chelsea follow!

halv said:
My first home game this season it was half time and we were 2-0 up against a top tour side. Before the break they were up to around 70% possession. Changes to tighten things up at half time - none. I would have pulled the trigger then.

If we lose to WBA I fully expect you to be sending him two fishes or a horses head in his bed or summat like from the way you came accross then!

Corky said:
The first one was not crucial for Hughes either.

We won the group on Thursday, the Uefa campaign is a succesful one which strengthens Hughes' position and raises our profile. The next Uefa games will have more bearing though.

We need to be well clear of the bottom 3 after these matches, aways at Liverpool, West Ham and Chelsea follow!

I put this just above the ten games as my explanation as to why it was crucial:

Okay it's not crucial in terms of us already having progressed, but it is in terms of the future of the manager in my opinion.

I.e the longer we fail to win, the more pressure is added. He could have done with a victory just to ease that somewhat.

So crucial that he rested more than half the team.

You explanation is wrong, it doesn't matter if it is bold, italic or underlined.

No one was that bothered about the result.

I think Hughes would have been. I ain't a statician and can't quote numbers on you but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the longer we go on losing games, the more pressure you come under and the more intensely the media will monitor the situation. It happened with Spurs, it happened with Newcastle and now it's happening with us.

I was bothered by that result because I want us to win every game, that's the winning mentality Robinho desires and that's how the team should play - as if they want the win no matter how significant. All I know is that this result probably didn't do him any favours purely based on the manner of performance. He gets paid a lot of money to make us win and at the moment he ain't coming up trumps and if sacked, won't leave smelling of roses or walk into a better job than this one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.