The Cult of Tevez

BertTrautmann'sParachute

Folded up & given pride of place on the sideboard.
Getting a bit sick of it now. I support Manchester City and yet it seems increasingly to be the case that our club is all about Carlos these days. If it's not his kids (yet again) being used as mascots it's a story or interview about him on the Offical Website or, as with last night, his 50 goals on the screens in the ground along with his top 5. All this I can understand to a degree from the club's point of view (publicity) but last night he got a standing ovation and he had a poor game, marginally better than Balotelli, who was crucified. I know he's important to us at the moment but a standing ovation for what he delivered last night just beggars belief. End of rant...

I don't think the standing ovation was for his performance. I think it was for his consistant contribution.

Crazy rant though. I do think you are insane.

Agreed, he's constantly beamed as the second coming of Christ by the club despite the fact he handed a transfer request not two months ago, I think the club needs to start giving the likes of Vincent, de Jong and Silva etc a similar amount of limelight, after all these are the guys who give Carlos the platform to do what he does.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Agreed, he's constantly beamed as the second coming of Christ by the club despite the fact he handed a transfer request not two months ago, I think the club needs to start giving the likes of Vincent, de Jong and Silva etc a similar amount of limelight, after all these are the guys who give Carlos the platform to do what he does.

Silva got the same treatment yesterday.

What goes through your head is beyond me...have you nothing better to do than lambast the most prolific goalscorer we have had for years, he scores goals end of................................

Donkey Boy said:
Yeh, you're right. We should boo the fucker.

boooooooooo
May be there's some middle ground between booing him and sucking his arse the way some do?

Of course he has a cult following. He ticks every box.

He scores goals. Kids love players who score goals.
He runs all over, chasing down every ball. The older generation like that.
Despite claims of greediness, only David Silva has more assists (7) than Tevez (6).
Again, despite claims to the contrary from some, he's quite a skilful player at times.
Plus he came here from, and has shown contempt towards United, which is why the more embittered of blues like him.

The fact is, he is an all round top player, so of course he is gonna be showcased. The only ones that are not gonna like him are those who moan about anything, and women who want to see good looking players.

But of course, the moaners will simply say I'm kissing his arse. Then again, they probably pine for the Lee Bradbury days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.