The Cup Final return travel issue

To be honest, I'm getting sick of rushing back for trains after semi-finals and finals at Wembley, not least because I'm not having chance to spend a bit of time to celebrate inside the stadium if we've won. It was fine when we played Sunderland in 2014 as we'd booked trains based on a late kick-off but it turned out that the kick-off was something like 2pm from memory which gave us several hours after the game before our train home, but pretty much every other game since has meant legging it down Wembley Way straight after.

To that end, a load of us have decided to stay over this time. Digs are expensive in most parts including Watford where we originally booked but we've now changed to Hemel Hempstead which is a lot cheaper and only a couple of stops on the overground further away than Watford. I know not everyone can afford to do that or they might need to get back home the same night but it's an option that takes some of the hassle away and if you can get cheap enough accomodation, it won't be that much more expensive.

To be honest, I'm getting sick of rushing back for trains after semi-finals and finals at Wembley, not least because I'm not having chance to spend a bit of time to celebrate inside the stadium if we've won. It was fine when we played Sunderland in 2014 as we'd booked trains based on a late kick-off but it turned out that the kick-off was something like 2pm from memory which gave us several hours after the game before our train home, but pretty much every other game since has meant legging it down Wembley Way straight after.

To that end, a load of us have decided to stay over this time. Digs are expensive in most parts including Watford where we originally booked but we've now changed to Hemel Hempstead which is a lot cheaper and only a couple of stops on the overground further away than Watford. I know not everyone can afford to do that or they might need to get back home the same night but it's an option that takes some of the hassle away and if you can get cheap enough accomodation, it won't be that much more expensive.
Yes I agree, we always stay over now in Harrow, 10 mins walk to the station 3 stops from Wembley. B&B full english 89 quid for a twin room, with free parking. 20 dearer than in feb but still a lot cheaper than the train and then rushing around. Loads of places to drink and eat around there as well

In terms of the return trains on May 18th, it's broadly the same plan as on Saturday, although the route via the Potteries is open up until the time of the normal last trains, so one of the reliefs will serve Stoke and Macc.

20.20 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
20.54 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief calling at Wilmslow and Stockport (will not run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties)
21.00 Euston to Manchester will run as normal
21.20 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stoke, Macclesfield and Stockport
21.24 Euston to Manchester advertised relief calling at Stafford, Crewe, Wilmslow and Stockport
21.46 Euston to Manchester unadvertised relief (will only run if match goes to extra time and / or penalties) calling at Wilmslow and Stockport.

The line will close after the passage of the 21.46 (if it is required to operate).

All the above is subject to validation, but I'd expect the advertised services to appear in public systems by this time next week.

All timings for the relief trains received back in line with the above, and the advertised services should appear in public planning systems tomorrow.

How long do you reckon it takes to get from Wembley to London Euston for the 21.00 hours?

I recall lengthy hold ups on Wembley Way in the past as they stagger numbers into the tube.

I am wondering what the last safe time is to leave Wembley if there are pens etc. I reckon if there's pens they would be around 7.40pm.

How long do you reckon it takes to get from Wembley to London Euston for the 21.00 hours?

I recall lengthy hold ups on Wembley Way in the past as they stagger numbers into the tube.

I am wondering what the last safe time is to leave Wembley if there are pens etc. I reckon if there's pens they would be around 7.40pm.

Wembley park to euston sq is 20 min tube ride so you are saying you need to be on a tube by 20:15 at the latest to give some breathing room

I've booked two places on the free City coach travel today. Leaves 9.15 from Etihad and gets back 12.15am.

Not used it before, do the Club open the car parks at the back of the store, otherwise we are stranded?
Booked 2 myself.Did the same for Spurs game early season when it was free. Car parks were open i think we got back 3a.m so hopefully earlier this time!!!

How do I go about doing this? I’m struggling for travel and would really appreciate some advice. Cheers.

Here you go mate. Thomas Cook site was a bit crap and had to set up two accounts in the end to get it processed. You will need the citizen or seasoncard numbers to enter when you edit each passenger.

Just click on the book coach now link at the bottom of this page.

https://www.mancity.com/news/tickets and travel/tickets and travel/2019/april/manchester city squad pay coach travel fa cup final fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.