The Dark Side of The Moon

pauldominic said:
Seosa said:
Now, I recently posted Pink Floyd as one of my choices on the "Bands You Don't Get" thread, but as with Radiohead, I eventually gave in and went to find out what the fuss was about. Hence I listened to this album flat out last night and realised why its hyped to the level it is.

So, where does it rank for the 'Mooners?

Pink Floyd is up there with the very best and Marc Bolan, Abba, Blondie, Genesis and ELO.

theyre the 'very best' ?

DSOTM is the perfect album. Not a wasted second on it, music to inhabit and walk around as well as listen to. While my mates were off their tits on drugs I was spaced out on this..... The best trip of all.

I believe Gilmour once said he was jealous of other people because they had the chance to hear it for the very first time - you just know exactly what he means.

Still, listening to it each time feels like the first time its just got something about it.

Its not often you feel that notes, melodies and instruments have aligned perfectly but on this album they do.

Magical.

The Pope said:
I believe Gilmour once said he was jealous of other people because they had the chance to hear it for the very first time - you just know exactly what he means.

Still, listening to it each time feels like the first time its just got something about it.

Its not often you feel that notes, melodies and instruments have aligned perfectly but on this album they do.

Magical.

I totally agree. If you ever get chance to hear the early live versions of it they performed in early 1972 you can see how the "finished album" came together. They honed it live first, and there are some awesome live versions of it out there.

Personally I love that five album period of Pink Floyd, Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, DSOTM, Wish you were here and Animals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.