The Darts 20/21

It is only a week or so after Xmas so it’s understandable that attendances would be low, hopefully it will pick up

I grew up watching the darts on BBC, it’s a shame to see the way it’s gone

I can see it coming to an end. Prize money has been slashed and only 15% of tickets sold. Seems a daft time to hold it really. End of Jan would be better when everyone paid.

The BDO version has been played in the first week after the New Year, since it began.

Crowds/TV audiences have dwindled because all the decent players have followed Barry Hearn. As for TV exposure, it's on Eurosport, with little or no terrestrial coverage. Darts needs to remember where it's come from (unfortunately, a little like rugby league, too)

Lmao good lad. I can't remember the last time I hit a treble 20 I'm all over the shop. What darts do you use man? I just bought some new ones as it goes. Red Dragon Spectra 24g from Amazon
this is my setup from online pics as i'm not able to get personal ones on here.
Unicorn 23 grams,
Unicorn-Gripper-3-90-Tungsten-Darts-360.jpg
78707_400x399.jpg
f2064_x3_new.jpg

I also have loads of the previous four versions from when you could get them from the City online shop.

this is my setup from online pics as i'm not able to get personal ones on here.
Unicorn 23 grams,
Unicorn-Gripper-3-90-Tungsten-Darts-360.jpg
78707_400x399.jpg
f2064_x3_new.jpg

I also have loads of the previous four versions from when you could get them from the City online shop.

That's some grippy darts mate. I quite like them. Do you ever use the aluminum stems?

These are the ones I use at the pub. 24g hammerhead gorilla grip.

520500L.jpg

These are me new ones down below. I will jack in the above ones soon enough. But they're great

61ziEel1T%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That's some grippy darts mate. I quite like them. Do you ever use the aluminum stems?

These are the ones I use at the pub. 24g hammerhead gorilla grip.

520500L.jpg

These are me new ones down below. I will jack in the above ones soon enough. But they're great

61ziEel1T%2BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
nice! i like that style of grip, as you noticed my aggressive grip as well. One thing with yours and mine as well is that flat front bit around where the point goes in the barrel. it's murder on flights smashing in the back of them, and i don't like flight protectors. I'm lucky i have tools and somewhat handy so what i did was take out the points, put the barrels in my drill press, take a small fine file and chamfer at 45* so there's no lip. Done 4 or 5 sets. They are much more streamline where the point attaches like the example below, it saves flights big time and i get way less deflections and darts on the floor. I'm a fan of the gorilla grip hammerheads too. I never did take to the aluminum shafts, plus when you bull up around here and go first, sometimes the guy going second retrieves them and will subtly bend the aluminum shaft and they stay bent and your darts fly like they are going down a drain. Good luck and maybe one day when I get over there we could chuck a few.
fqb9v0ktmbnvy0ebxgap_large.jpg

The BDO version has been played in the first week after the New Year, since it began.

Crowds/TV audiences have dwindled because all the decent players have followed Barry Hearn. As for TV exposure, it's on Eurosport, with little or no terrestrial coverage. Darts needs to remember where it's come from (unfortunately, a little like rugby league, too)
Yes it's too bad what's happened to the BDO, the grassroots of it and they did a lot of good work.

Seen this on YouTube in the last few days...

It’s seemingly one of the the reasons Fallon missed the BDO event. It’s a pairs competition with a pro and a celebrity of sorts. But it’s held in Germany.

Fallon Sherrock and Luca Toni (yes that one) vs Phil Taylor (apparently still plays in exhibitions) / someone else.

There’s a few matches on there. It’s quite entertaining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.