The decision to announce Pep

MP doesn't inspire the players in the main.

When their backs are against the wall and they decide to do something about it the players have been able to turn it around.

Whether they can do it again remains to be seen and its seems highly unlikely but we have been treading above water for much of the season and for many of the players they seem to have other issues as opposed to putting in a decent shift week in week out.

Our spine needs an overhaul of sorts and we need to rejuvenate the feel good factor we had upon winning the first title.

When it is all said and done we are an average team that has been leaderless and lacking motivation for sometime.

2 titles are enough for them and to be fair to the supporters and the club and the owners most of them have to be moved on now.

It will take some time but we can do it and we must do it and learn from our mistakes in the transfer market.

It's critical we buy players who are used to pace and physicality and can work at a high tempo for 96 minutes week in week out.

Players whose bodies are not as injury prone as our current crop.

I think we have to prioritise the league, yes we have a carling cup final and yes I think we should really go for it but the FA cup should put out every kid we can, Bollocks the FA cup. We can't do this with 14 uninterested knackered players. I really want the title, not intested in putting it at risk for a cup run.

Never mind the title, we're at real risk of having the world's best manager and not even qualifying for the CL.
What's that tired old cliche about the definition of insanity?

The statement clearly was not planned.
MP inadvertently let it slip out last week, and then the club had to back it up with a statement.

This has now affected our squad, many of whom now don't seemingly care after yesterday's disgrace. Just like the end of Bobby's reign.
The season now is on the brink of ruins with nothing to show despite major summer investment.

This combined with our chronic injuries and dreadful form has ruined us.

Clearly planned as the press office gave out the press statement as soonn as Pellegrini walked out of the conference and there were pictures of it circulated by journalists within seconds on Twitter.

Never mind the title, we're at real risk of having the world's best manager and not even qualifying for the CL.
What's that tired old cliche about the definition of insanity?
I've never been a fan of pellers but he's going. It's now up to the players to fight for us. If they are down about him leaving and aren't putting in the effort then they can always fuck off with him. They have a choice now, be fucking mediocre and embarrass yourselves and the club by giving less than your best or play like champions and prove to Guardiola you have the heart of a lion and some pride still left.
It's an easy choice for me. It's nothing to us to have a complete rebuild. We can afford it and if we buy well then we will be set for years

Tim of the Oak quite neatly summed up my responses to your assertions here, but I will expound upon what he said for me. The difference is that the Bayern side Pep inherited almost 3 years ago are better than City are now. Certainly they weren't the defensive shambles we are now, but they also weren't fantastically over-reliant on a single striker as we are too.

The Bayern team Pep took over only shed Tymoschuk (due to age), Gomez and Gustavo, and none of them had played more than about 30 games for a team which had clocked up 54 matches the previous year. The other players they let go were basically reserve team players. To replace them, he basically brought in Gotze and Thiago.

By contrast, depending on which source you read, the press are saying Pep plans on making between eight and a dozen signings to completely reboot our entire squad. Additionally, the team Pep took over in Munich had come off the back of winning a treble. We come off the back of probably having thrown away a quadruple to win nothing. Maybe a League Cup, but we're not winning anything else. The Bayern players Pep took over had reason to believe they might keep their places whereas it's very obvious ours that some of our squad has between a 0 and 0.1% chance of staying, and a half-dozen others will only stay if we run out of money to replace them (FFP and all that) or if the squad harmony is falling too low from the sheer volume of new signings.

MP didn't "inadvertently let it slip out". It wasn't a "if I'm still here next season, I will...oh wait, did I said "if"?" moment, it was a very deliberate "before I finish, I will tell you that I talked with the club and...". He absolutely meant to say that, and I don't think any of us can criticise Pellegrini for speaking out of line regardless of everyone's individual thoughts on him, so I just can't see that he let it out just to get it off his chest. If it sounded impromptu then I would argue that sometimes when you go into a meeting of some sort knowing you need to say one thing but you can't say it until the end then this exact type of thing tends to happen - you lose track of what you were going to say and then just as everyone starts to dismiss you can catch yourself and have to do a "oh by the way, one last thing" type comment. That is exactly what happened here.

If you believe the MEN they did an interesting article on the timeline of the whole process and said that the club offered Pellegrini the choice on how to break the news and when, and he said that he wanted to release it himself. This makes sense because any other way that it could've happened would make it sound like we had left him out of the process entirely, which would look bad on him even if it would admittedly look worse on the club. I think that this statement was entirely planned and everyone involved knew it was coming.

Bayern players didn't know that pep still wanted them that's the truth and that gives uncertainty to the squad but they went on and won he treble. Out of that team yesterday there will probably be only Yaya and Demichellis who want be here next season the rest of the squad will be assessed and giving a chance under Pep.

because most of them are not used/can't be arsed to work their socks off .....pep will demand 100% from every one of them and tbh from that team today only hart ota dinho and aguero will walk right now in a pep team

Very true

Starting to think top 4 is by no means certain. We have had no form since October. Pep won't be impressed if we have no Champions League.

And there we have it. I know he will never do it, but why the fuck can't we set up more defensively against these teams that have the ability to hurt us?
It doesn't fit the holistic approach of the club. We are playing one way and one way only. The manager and players have agreed to this, and the hope is to have many more ups than downs in the season.

If we scrape 1 or 2 trophies with this plan, then it's justified, however painful it is to watch.

And would be utterly amazing given the injuries to major players and having only ten men for most games (Yaya I'm looking at you).

I'm not sure the manager is allowed to override this approach. Seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.