The decision to sack Hughes and appoint Mancini

allyboy

was a bold move by the club, some would say risky....

BUT WHAT A GOOD ONE FOR ONCE...

ctid.

The job was always too big for Hughes.

Yes i was a hughes outer, but yes he can be given credit for the players he signed.

but it's obvious he was never good enough for us and no matter what people say hughes wouldn't of got us in the position we have achieved this season.

mancini should have been appointed in the summer, you can't say it put us back sacking him mid season, but if mancini took charge earlier it could be have alot better.

onwards and upwards now, mancini is learning, he's getting better all the time.

Hughes is like Roy. Adequate at a certain level but not at the top.

Mancini has proven himself in the past at the top level, Inter.

If he can figure out how to get us scoring and playing more consistently, we will have a machine that terrorizes Europe.

I was pro Hughes and disgusted at his treatment.

That being said,the club has been proved right,and Mancini has won over the fans.Hughes made some great buys but was ultimately shown as a poor tactician.

I will always admire Hughes for caring for our club and his thorough professionalism,but forza Mancini!

Freestyler said:
The job was always too big for Hughes.

Yes i was a hughes outer, but yes he can be given credit for the players he signed.

but it's obvious he was never good enough for us and no matter what people say hughes wouldn't of got us in the position we have achieved this season.

mancini should have been appointed in the summer, you can't say it put us back sacking him mid season, but if mancini took charge earlier it could be have alot better.

onwards and upwards now, mancini is learning, he's getting better all the time.

says it all for me too.

Thaksinssoldier said:
I was pro Hughes and disgusted at his treatment.

That being said,the club has been proved right,and Mancini has won over the fans.Hughes made some great buys but was ultimately shown as a poor tactician.

I will always admire Hughes for caring for our club and his thorough professionalism,but forza Mancini!

I agree, our club was a shambles when he took over, he sorted us out and bought some good players, he laid a foundation for Mancini to work with. Mancini would not have come to the club in it's initial state. Hughes deserved a better send off for that reason. He did have to go though because he'd taken us as far as he could and despite our desperate need for stability the owners did the right thing.

We have moved on and so has he.

So should the fans.

Hughes did his very best for us,purchasing future club legends along the way,i'm grateful for his efforts and mocking him just shows a lack of class.

To his credit,he aint doing too bad a job with Fulham.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
If I ever meet Hughes I'll make a point of refusing to shake hands with him (whatever that means, apparently he'll know). We were having to score 3 goals a game just to get a draw when he was sacked.

It's to do with a spat he's got with Tony Pulis. After a Fulham v Stoke game this season, one of them refused to shake the other's hand, a gesture which was reciprocated in the return fixture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.