The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime

I would have thought if anything that the constant "no comment " reply would actually go against them once it reaches a court of law. It seems to have become the norm since all these fly on the wall documentaries on policing. I'd grass on everyone I knew just to pass the time :-)

I would have thought if anything that the constant "no comment " reply would actually go against them once it reaches a court of law. It seems to have become the norm since all these fly on the wall documentaries on policing. I'd grass on everyone I knew just to pass the time :-)
they may say no comment in front of the cameras , it might be a little different off film.

they may say no comment in front of the cameras , it might be a little different off film.
Absolutely. They know they are being filmed so they are hardly going to admit it especially with TV. Most of them are not the brightest or most prolific. If anything I would say your average hard-core criminal is probably a lot easier to deal with an interview. They tend to be calmer and expect the arrest as part of the risk involved in crime

I have a friend who is a copper and he has always advised me if I were ever to be arrested to go No Comment from the off, no matter what the circumstances unless my solicitor advised me not to. He also strongly advised never ever ever ever speaking to police without a brief present.

I have a friend who is a copper and he has always advised me if I were ever to be arrested to go No Comment from the off, no matter what the circumstances unless my solicitor advised me not to. He also strongly advised never ever ever ever speaking to police without a brief present.
only wise to say no comment if the brief thinks the police dont have a lot of evidence, if they have loads of evidence sing like a bird :)

My mate was quite high up in cid here and was often used as an intermediary to go liverpool as lot of crime down here was caused by people from there. Most of the older lot were okay with it, now its more a county lines thing with kids being sent down from London. Crime has changed now and human life is very cheap and there is very little honour amongst thieves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.