The economy and coronavirus

Imagine... the end of capitalism and the beginning of a new way of life:

It’d be shit for us and our kids while we lived through the end of capitalism and while it got going, but our Grandkids and Great Grandkids would live in a great world.

The hit is going to be massive.

The only 'positive' is that the whole world will be afffected and therefore countries will have to work together to recover.

The hit is going to be massive.

The only 'positive' is that the whole world will be afffected and therefore countries will have to work together to recover.
Itll be even more every man for himself
We're out of the EU, so do you really think the UK government will be supporting throwing its money at southern European countries!

Imagine... the end of capitalism and the beginning of a new way of life:

It’d be shit for us and our kids while we lived through the end of capitalism and while it got going, but our Grandkids and Great Grandkids would live in a great world.

Just watched that, and it ignores a major obstacle to that ever being achieved, which is 'human nature'.

That 'utopia' (I'm not even sure it is one) relies on every single human pulling in exactly the same direction in every way conceivable. No disagreements about who does what, who lives where, who eats what etc. No sport as competition would presumably be verboten. We'd presumably all live in exactly the same house, have the same number of children, eat the exact same things.

Whoever works menial tasks will have to be as happy as a person working a rewarding/challenging task.

Slackers won't exist anymore. Everybody will work equally as hard as everybody else.

It's pie in the sky unattainable nonsense I'd suggest, mainly because the Human Species is made up of 8BN individuals who all like different things, who all have differing views of what happiness is, who have different approaches to life, and we also have a lot of cu#ts in society, who unless you're proposing to wipe them out would manipulate the situation. Most of the biggest cu#ts in society actually get voted in to lead us, because a large part of the population is stupid, which is also an obstacle.

I think the banks are going to make a killing, largely at the expense of ordinary folk. We will then have decades of austerity to pay them back the money loaned during 2020 which will doubtless be much less than the money they never paid back from 2008.
What do you mean the money loaned?

You think banks are loaning the Govt. money?

I’m not entirely sure you know what you’re talking about.

Also the gilt yield is less than the rate of inflation, no one holding gilts (which is how the Govt borrow money) will be making “a killing”.

What do you mean the money loaned?

You think banks are loaning the Govt. money?

I’m not entirely sure you know what you’re talking about.

Also the gilt yield is less than the rate of inflation, no one holding gilts (which is how the Govt borrow money) will be making “a killing”.
No, I meant the banks are loaning ordinary folk in small companies money - nothing wrong with that and most welcome. But they are doing so at 12.5%pa which is a rate I'd laugh at if it was on a credit card nowadays. I realise banks are not charities and will always lend at a rate higher than the base rate, and savings interest rate, but this is opportunism. Especially after the publicly funded bail outs of the last banking crisis.

No, I meant the banks are loaning ordinary folk in small companies money - nothing wrong with that and most welcome. But they are doing so at 12.5%pa which is a rate I'd laugh at if it was on a credit card nowadays. I realise banks are not charities and will always lend at a rate higher than the base rate, and savings interest rate, but this is opportunism. Especially after the publicly funded bail outs of the last banking crisis.
Ok but that’s different to austerity and government borrowing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.