the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt it here to. I'm assuming it's the new financial year, companies have new budgets etc..

I'm still seeing well established firms in the construction industry going to the wall on a weekly basis, so it's a no from me.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
de niro said:
Do we all agree now that it IS on the up.

Footsie on the rise, MPs filling their boots, petrol companies ripping us off - what other evidence do people need!
Pay rise wouldn't go a miss

Ah, in order to keep the economy simmering on a low light, only pay rises for those who don't need 'em - MPs, Permanent Secretaries in the Civil Service, Chief Constables, High Court Judges, Chief Air Marshalls, Chairmen and CEOs of FTSE100 companies!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Footsie on the rise, MPs filling their boots, petrol companies ripping us off - what other evidence do people need!
Pay rise wouldn't go a miss

Ah, in order to keep the economy simmering on a low light, only pay rises for those who don't need 'em - MPs, Permanent Secretaries in the Civil Service, Chief Constables, High Court Judges, Chief Air Marshalls, Chairmen and CEOs of FTSE100 companies!
No I get one every year, the takeover by some huge company means we changed our financial dates though so dont get it until December. Although obviously they could renegade on that but in my line of work its far too easy to move on so would be in there interests

fantastic news, you cant beat empirical evidence (cant trust official figures anyway) On a cautious note, history shows that in "difficult times" with firms closing due to cash flow and lack of demand, those that survive will see a temporary rise in orders as the customers of failed firms seek out new suppliers.
When the old standard of judging the economy was the FTSE 100, and interest rates were used as a traffic light, it was more transparent to the public the state of play. Nowadays with interest rates on the floor and the stock market moving according to what the American govnt is doing we have to rely on things like job vacancies, property prices( both excluding london which may as well be a different country) and the building trade.
If we have taken the first step upwards, then it's the first step to climbing Everest,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.