the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my house isn't being snapped up which should happen in a 'healthy market'.

I checked the houses for sale in my area to see if much had changed in the last 3 months since I last checked and it's all exactly the same houses.

Bearing in mind this is Heaton Moor, hardly a shithole of place.

Funding is still being pulled from all over the place, wages are still frozen and prices are going up.

I think it's just pre-election bullshit. Cameron says the economy is improving but I'm not feeling it.

Len Rum said:
Borrowing 11.3 bn in September.
Borrowing and the resultant debt continue to spiral out of control.
Still tax cuts all round by 2020 ( not).

What you saying Len.....we're being lied to ...simply to get the Tories back into power for another (fixed) term of 5 years (a law which they passed which negates the Recall debate going on tonight in parliament) ...surely not?

I'd like to know when Boris is gonna splodge our Ryvita with some of his London jam the ****.

My house has been on the market for a year I've had one viewing, they said it was the right value but too small for them, we can't sell lower or we can't afford to move, loads still for sale that haven't moved in ages, either people want it at a ridiculously low price or there is no housing market up north.

Blue Maverick said:
My house has been on the market for a year I've had one viewing, they said it was the right value but too small for them, we can't sell lower or we can't afford to move, loads still for sale that haven't moved in ages, either people want it at a ridiculously low price or there is no housing market up north.

Might be worth taking it off the market for 2-3 months then re-launch the sale in the new year for the spring movers. Property soon becomes stale and overlooked.

metalblue said:
Blue Maverick said:

Might be worth taking it off the market for 2-3 months then re-launch the sale in the new year for the spring movers. Property soon becomes stale and overlooked.
Tbh mate I think we are going to take it off and when I retire rent it out and buy something else.

Houses near me sell quite quickly at the moment. Fortunately the area is becoming increasingly populated with young, higher income people as it is vacated by older, averagely affluent ones like me. So some people are doing OK.

Overall I'd say the recovery is either very slight or non-existent. I'm looking to downsize to a smaller house in a cheaper area in order to cash in, and several of the houses I've had my eye on have had asking price reductions and have been on sale for ages.

Do we all agree now that it IS on the up.
Bump.
Do we all agree now it IS in the shit?
IMF downgrading growth forecasts substantially and not ruling out a recession.
Shame Red Ed didn't get in. We would have had nice Tory lite austerity cuts and still been in the EU without all the uncertainty/risk that brexit has brought.
For all their talk on financial competence the Tories have car crashed the economy by gambling the country's future in order to gain electoral advantage and resolve their internal party difficulties.
Same old Tories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.