The end for Nige ?

You can tell he's not even 90% fit.. he seems to run differently than before, maybe to allow for the ankle injury.. even still, his reading of the play is brilliant. He'll be back, hopefully before we have bought another midfielder and then we'll have to ship another out to balance fair play

Strange sentence at the end there. Why would they even think about loaning out NDJ? I think the paper is just trying to stir the shit.

About the rest of the article, love that YaYa is gutted about having to leave the club in the middle of a hard two months. Shows you how much he cares about the club and how committed he is to winning.

Not just The Guardian but 0% chance we loan out a midfielder in January with Yaya off: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/225521/Neil-Warnock-swoop-for-De-Jong/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... r-De-Jong/</a>

gratedbean said:
I don't think it's so much De Jong has any psychological problems, more that he's just a little unfit as he's hardly played.

For me De Jong should always be in the starting eleven against stronger opposition, alongside Barry and with Yaya pushed up a bit. NDJ is a better DM in by book than Yaya is.

And by some distance.

NDJ just doesn't fit in the way we play nowadays IMO, not his fault and he's still quality but he doesn't start attacks like Barry or Yaya

charliebigspuds said:
NDJ just doesn't fit in the way we play nowadays IMO, not his fault and he's still quality but he doesn't start attacks like Barry or Yaya

I've argued this before that we can still play just as attacking with him, we simply push Yaya forward more where he is actually more effective for us. I still think one of our most elegant games football-wise was the 4-1 over Villa (a hard to break down team as United found out last week) where we played the "negative" (sayeth the pundits last season) trio of Yaya, Barry, and De Jong and had 65% of possession, 14 goal attempts, and 8 on target. I think this system would have been better against Chelsea because lets be honest Yaya was quite useless the other day in his role and would have been better used further forward with less defensive duties.

Have seen that QPR are apparently after him but hopefully he'll be with us for a long time to come. He just gets on with the job and when you look at his passing accuracy its always about the 95% level which is all you want from a holding midfielder - a good tackle to stop the flow in midfield then a quick, accurate pass!

45 years of gloryhunting said:
i hope its just the media and their mischievous shit stirring , a 100% fit NDJ would be in my starting eleven. He is a ready made replacement for yaya in jan/feb , we can perm any of nasri,silva,milner,barry for the rest of the midfield places.

Yeah, the surging runs into the box, the passes, the goals. They could be twins.

Don't get me wrong, at what he does, de Jong is brilliant. There's probably none better.

But a Yaya replacement, he is not.

Chippy_boy said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
i hope its just the media and their mischievous shit stirring , a 100% fit NDJ would be in my starting eleven. He is a ready made replacement for yaya in jan/feb , we can perm any of nasri,silva,milner,barry for the rest of the midfield places.

Yeah, the surging runs into the box, the passes, the goals. They could be twins.

Don't get me wrong, at what he does, de Jong is brilliant. There's probably none better.

But a Yaya replacement, he is not.

Very true. Milner seems the more likely replacement for Yaya. I'm just wondering whether Mancini now believes he needs someone with a few more attacking qualities to replace De Jong? A Martinez? De Rossi?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.