The end of financial 'fair' play?

tolmie's hairdoo

So let me get this right...

Upwards of £30m per annum for Champions League participation.

£40m a year from our Etihad deal.

£12m a year kit deal with Nike.

Oh, and £70m a year minimum re new Premier League rights.

Added to ticket sales, other sponsors, and prior to revenues from new leisure development...

We are pushing £200m a year in revenue?

And even before that Platini will let us lose another £37m over two years.

Is this the end of FFPR and what concerns we had for it as a club? Goodness knows what new Champions League Tv rights be worth next time.

It's a beautiful thing, innit!

Yep it takes a lot of pressure off us. We still can't go too silly with the transfer funds though.

carlos92 said:
Yep it takes a lot of pressure off us. We still can't go too silly with the transfer funds though.

In reality, I think we can.

The Prem deal is guaranteed monies, so upon champions league qualification, we can splurge accordingly.

Especially so, when this is a team that only needs tweaks from the very best.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
carlos92 said:

In reality, I think we can.

The Prem deal is guaranteed monies, so upon champions league qualification, we can splurge accordingly.

Especially so, when this is a team that only needs tweaks from the very best.

Bale and Martinez get em both splash 80m on the pair

Meeting FFP is going to be tight, even with the 'grandfathering' criteria. In fact, it will down to the prerogative of UEFA and how willing they are to exclude teams which can attract big audiences, as Premier League clubs undoubtedly do. Despite the powers that be being upset at us the reality is that they'll probably grudgingly accept we've made it just in time and UEFA's sponsors will not accept us being shut out. UEFA will be in the position to make that call though.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Added to ticket sales, other sponsors, and prior to revenues from new leisure development...

Is this the end of FFPR and what concerns we had for it as a club? Goodness knows what new Champions League Tv rights be worth next time.

Does anybody know when this is up for re-negotiation?

Uber Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Does anybody know when this is up for re-negotiation?

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was unbelievably up to £80m for the coming season, as it was the first season of a new deal...but been trying to find it and can't!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'd be shocked if we reported much less than £220m in the financial year just ended.

Then we've got the shirt deal to add, greater revenue from the CL as PL champions (plus we'll hopefully progress out of the group stages). I believe there are some excellent commercial deals in the pipeline as well so we should manage £275m easily in the current financial year. Then, before anything else, we've got something like £35-40m more to look forward to from the new PL TV deal from June 2013. So I'd expect something like £325m income or more in 2013/14.

I don't think M. Platini and his bean-counters will be troubling us too much somehow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.