The end of financial 'fair' play?

waspish said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
carlos92 said:
Yep it takes a lot of pressure off us. We still can't go too silly with the transfer funds though.

In reality, I think we can.

The Prem deal is guaranteed monies, so upon champions league qualification, we can splurge accordingly.

Especially so, when this is a team that only needs tweaks from the very best.

Bale and Martinez get em both splash 80m on the pair

If it's that simple then i imagine we will.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
carlos92 said:
Yep it takes a lot of pressure off us. We still can't go too silly with the transfer funds though.

In reality, I think we can.

The Prem deal is guaranteed monies, so upon champions league qualification, we can splurge accordingly.

Especially so, when this is a team that only needs tweaks from the very best.

I would love us to smash the World Transfer record, but is it really worth it? Still it superb news.

Revenue from international TV rights should go up too when they're negotiated soon... although I suspect not 82% up like the domestic rights as the lurking Al Jazeera probably set off an auction between them and Sky for the majority rights (minority rights like BT got no good for Al Jazeera I'd guess).

Silvercloud said:
I wonder whether this deal had been leaked to the clubs beforehand? If so, it would help explain Chelseas upcoming splurge in the market.

That thought had crossed my mind too, if all the prem clubs are getting a bigger percentage won't Twatini just add that percentage to the amount you're not allowed to fall short by.

allan harper said:
Silvercloud said:
I wonder whether this deal had been leaked to the clubs beforehand? If so, it would help explain Chelseas upcoming splurge in the market.

That thought had crossed my mind too, if all the prem clubs are getting a bigger percentage won't Twatini just add that percentage to the amount you're not allowed to fall short by.

Ah the old "moving the goalposts",something which this twat Platini seems very good at doing,when the PL boys are beefing up their coffers,thanks to the high standard of English football.
Wonder how we (PL) stand in terms of TV revenue compaired to other European Leagues.Anyone know ??
The **** will be looking at other ways to kick the English Teams in the nuts.

It will be lovely to see how our revenue from marketing to 'new' fans will work as well. Not sure if selling shirts in new markets makes us a great deal of money as we become more well known or whether the real cash comes from commercial deals with companies in these new markets.

Anyone care to clarify?

oakiecokie said:
allan harper said:
Silvercloud said:

Ah the old "moving the goalposts",something which this twat Platini seems very good at doing,when the PL boys are beefing up their coffers,thanks to the high standard of English football.
Wonder how we (PL) stand in terms of TV revenue compaired to other European Leagues.Anyone know ??
The **** will be looking at other ways to kick the English Teams in the nuts.

He'll just ban all teams from European competition like they've done before probably over someone throwing a dodgy burger at a bent referee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.