The end of financial 'fair' play?

Prestwich_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are pushing £200m a year in revenue?
I'd be shocked if we reported much less than £220m in the financial year just ended.

Then we've got the shirt deal to add, greater revenue from the CL as PL champions (plus we'll hopefully progress out of the group stages). I believe there are some excellent commercial deals in the pipeline as well so we should manage £275m easily in the current financial year. Then, before anything else, we've got something like £35-40m more to look forward to from the new PL TV deal from June 2013. So I'd expect something like £325m income or more in 2013/14.

I don't think M. Platini and his bean-counters will be troubling us too much somehow.

Have you considered the City-Square revenue and revenue from concerts to this approximation? It looks like we made a handsome profit last season, and other clubs are planning to copy us...

sincity said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We are pushing £200m a year in revenue?
I'd be shocked if we reported much less than £220m in the financial year just ended.

Then we've got the shirt deal to add, greater revenue from the CL as PL champions (plus we'll hopefully progress out of the group stages). I believe there are some excellent commercial deals in the pipeline as well so we should manage £275m easily in the current financial year. Then, before anything else, we've got something like £35-40m more to look forward to from the new PL TV deal from June 2013. So I'd expect something like £325m income or more in 2013/14.

I don't think M. Platini and his bean-counters will be troubling us too much somehow.

Have you considered the City-Square revenue and revenue from concerts to this approximation? It looks like we made a handsome profit last season, and other clubs are planning to copy us...

The revenue from City Square won't even make a dent surely? 2k people a game spending £10 on average is only 780k a season for the league, probably about 860k total. Or 6 weeks wages for Yaya!

Shaelumstash said:
Also, I'm sure you have been asked this question before, but do you think in their current state there is a case for City and other affected clubs to challenge the FFP regulations?

I'm not a lawyer so have no idea, although I seem to remember the Council of Europe endorsed FFP as being compatible with European law, which possibly meant it couldn't be challenged.

bluemanc said:
How does the disclosure of accounts work for the rags when the Glazers have hid their dealings in a company they have listed in Delaware USA to actually prevent disclosure.

For example they say they have paid off £250 million of PIK loans but refuse to say how & also refuse to reveal how much they are taking out of utd in wages.?

ADUG don't report in the UK either. Shinawatra also hid his financial affairs in places like the British Virgin Islands. There's a difference between the ultimate holding company and the holding company for the football club. The rags have to report the football club results in the UK anyway plus they have to report quarterly results to their bond-holders. It's their own company that's hidden in Delaware so no one has any idea about how they've financed things like the repayment of the PIK's.

The revenue from City Square won't even make a dent surely? 2k people a game spending £10 on average is only 780k a season for the league, probably about 860k total. Or 6 weeks wages for Yaya!

As Tesco say every little helps, and if it is such a triffling amount seems our red cousins down in Trafford are wanting to copy us. Thats a fucking first.

mcfcdaytona said:
Surely one of the biggest holes that UEFA has for this " it's my ball and I'm taking it away with me" FFP is that not every UEFA country has the same accounting standards as we do in the UK because they are outside the EU - so it is not a level playing field and so clearly can legally be challenged if one countries accounts can show a profit that might be a loss if audited under UK accounting standards.

I know ADUG wants to look like we are playing nice. There is one way around it it seems so simple. Buy a team outside of UEFA, have them buy players and loan them to City just the wages or even reduced wages, are on the books. Also have them buy all our dead weight. I know it seems to simple and it would dirty ADUG hands since they want to be upstanding football owners.

okstate99 said:
mcfcdaytona said:
Surely one of the biggest holes that UEFA has for this " it's my ball and I'm taking it away with me" FFP is that not every UEFA country has the same accounting standards as we do in the UK because they are outside the EU - so it is not a level playing field and so clearly can legally be challenged if one countries accounts can show a profit that might be a loss if audited under UK accounting standards.

I know ADUG wants to look like we are playing nice. There is one way around it it seems so simple. Buy a team outside of UEFA, have them buy players and loan them to City just the wages or even reduced wages, are on the books. Also have them buy all our dead weight. I know it seems to simple and it would dirty ADUG hands since they want to be upstanding football owners.

Mansour could do this with Al Jazira Club which he owns but the moral outrage would be incredible and we'd probably see the amount of dodgy refereeing decisions and all increase even more. We might be able to get away with selling a Santa Cruz or two to the UAE but anything too deliberate and the claws would be out.

It is in our owner's interests to comply because by complying we become part of the elite clubs who will always have their noses in the trough when it comes to CL money. Stops any other club doing what we have done. As Martin Samuel said the clubs that should be protesting about this are the Newcastles, Sunderlands, Aston Villa etc of this world. We have got in on time and the Shieks money and investments are secure.

I'm sure this has already been discounted as it seems too simple but if debt isn't a problem could we simply not fund player purchases by getting a bank loan or using a credit card?

mrbelfry said:
I'm sure this has already been discounted as it seems too simple but if debt isn't a problem could we simply not fund player purchases by getting a bank loan or using a credit card?

Its an idea Ive thought of. IF ADUG owns the bank that loans the money, it wont even cost them a thing, (besides processing the loan).

okstate99 said:
mrbelfry said:

Its an idea Ive thought of. IF ADUG owns the bank that loans the money, it wont even cost them a thing, (besides processing the loan).

Because the rules state that you can't spend more than revenue, which basically means income from selling stuff (tickets, players, merchandise, sponsorship etc). Loans or money gifted to us by Sheik Mansour do not count as revenue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.