The English 6

Grand Master Ram Rod

Heard a lot on here recently about how overrated English players are. I've also seen a lot of praise for Silva, Balotelli, Aguero etc.. (which is deserved).

I think we underrate our English players though, the last two seasons Hart, Micah, Lescott, AJ, Barry and Milner have all been great.

Hart - one of, if not the best keeper in the Prem, was brilliant last season and has been brilliant this season again.

Micah - come on leaps and bounds in the last two years. Zab is one of my favourite players, but the fact I wish we always have our first choice full backs says a lot for how well Micah is playing. His power and pace is one of the best of any full backs in the world.

Lescott - very underrated, was one of the big reasons City finished the season like they did last season, has got a great partnership with Vinny, gives us that height that we need back there and has been our best defender this season.

AJ - I thought he was top when he joined as it was but Mancini has turned him into an even better player. Never moans when he's not playing and when he does, he's usually involved in the goals we score. Would like him to run at players more but he's changed his game a lot to suit how we play.

Barry - we always see how much we miss him, when he's not playing. He gets a lot of stick because people don't see what he actually does, he does the dirty work and the jobs that go unnoticed but yet are vital to the team. He's the link between defence and attack and is still a big game player who we need.

Milner - one of the players I wouldn't write off last season because I could tell he had something about him. His workrate is one of the best I've ever seen at City and his talent with the ball is now coming off as well. Buzzing for the lad that he's now in top form.

We might have all these 'foreign mercenaries' that other fans and the media go on about, but these six Englishmen are six vital players to City, will not always start every game, but very, very important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.