The Etihad Arena - bye bye COMS

TheMagician said:
danburge82 said:
C_T_I_D said:
danburge82 said:
Isnt Etihad Arabic for United!?

No, it's Arabic for Unity or Federation. Already covered in the same topic if you bothered to read it.

Obviously i havent bothered to read it have i!?
and look at this:
Unity noun "state of being one; intergated; united"
Federation noun "a union of several states, provinces; united states"
...it may as well say united, they all mean the same bastard thing!

oh my God we are gonna have United in big fuck off letters on our kit and we'll be playing in the United stadium! It's started, we're changing! NOOOOOOOOOO!

;)

We? Don't you have AIG on yours?

Well since im sat here in a fuckin blue shirt with brother on the front it doesnt say AIG you tart, dont insult me like that again! :)

BlueSinceBirth said:
just had this in an email, anyone know anything more about it? im not sure i believe it.

Wednesday 7th April 2009, 11:04:06

Manchester City FC have secured a record sponsorship deal with Etihad, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates. Etihad will replace Thomas Cook as shirt and stadium sponsors from the 2009-2010 season. The City of Manchester Stadium is set to be rebranded as The Etihad Arena, in an attempt to duplicate the success of The Etihad Stadium, located in Melbourne, Australia.

The new deal is rumoured to be the biggest in English football, beating AIG'S £56 Million deal with Manchester United

Link: <a class="postlink" href="http://etihadstadium.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://etihadstadium.com.au</a>

Other recent articles
Hamburg will be a test
Manchester City Kids In Dallas Semis
Official statement regarding Robinho

Are you the ONLY one who "received this email"? Hmmmm

Etihad means unity or federation.pronounced like (e-tea-had).
The arabic for united is (motahed) not (etihad).

it's complete donkey bawls*.... the OP has disappeared, but fairplay to him, it's caught the public imagination.

*its been made to look like a news service email but this story is NOT anywhere else on the entirenet and anyways the date is wrong

**I could be wrong but somehows i doubt it

the city of manchester stadium is the perfect name for our home, do you think the rags would love to call the toastrack coms, you efin bet they would. coms says it all, its in manchester!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those of you who are still thinking it might be real someonecame to the conclusion a few pages back that the date and day on the OP didn't match therefore the whole thing was made up. I agree tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.