The Etihad from above.

You can get a quadcopter for £500that'll take a GoPro.

I'm not sure it's legal to fly them in built up areas though, for obvious reasons. Some idiot in New York flew one into a skyscraper (by accident, it wasn't a poor tribute to Al Qaeda) and it crashed on the street below nearly killing someone. I think if you're caught doing it, you might have to worry about more than just getting it confiscated.

Impressive.

They were talking about drones (although I don't think thats the correct name) and I believe you need to register if you're taking it over a certain height and there are strict rules/laws about flying in built-up areas.

Still, I gotta get one

I'm With Stupid said:
You can get a quadcopter for £500that'll take a GoPro.

I'm not sure it's legal to fly them in built up areas though, for obvious reasons. Some idiot in New York flew one into a skyscraper (by accident, it wasn't a poor tribute to Al Qaeda) and it crashed on the street below nearly killing someone. I think if you're caught doing it, you might have to worry about more than just getting it confiscated.
correct - I think GMP had to prosecute themselves a few years back for using these things without a permit

but agreed one of these is high up my 'boys toys gotta have' list (along with a 3D printer)

If a company or individual is operating their UAV commercially (which the Civil Aviation Authority defines as getting any kind of valuable consideration for your work) then their aircraft must be registered with the CAA and have a permit for aerial work. Any reputable company will be able to show you their permissions document for the aircraft they are going to use. This clearly shows the conditions they can fly under. The conditions vary slightly for different aircraft. If a company is operating without a permit for aerial work then it is possible that the pilot’s experience is questionable and it is unlikely that they are insured.

Dodgy ground most defiantly.

Anyone know what he used,a Go-Pro or C300?

whipper said:
...If a company is operating without a permit for aerial work then it is possible that the pilot’s experience is questionable and it is unlikely that they are insured.
this is of course complete bollocks and typical of the cover-your-arse-whatever attitude that is rife through this country today.

tangaroa2 said:
What on earth would you use a 3D printer for?

Well, the company I work for just took a major shareholding in a company in China who have developed one that prints houses, based on that I would imagine you could use it for pretty much anything nowadays ? (and they are real ones not monopoly ones)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.