The Etihad gets WiFi

Matty said:
cleavers said:
MATCITY said:
Half time, check other scores, have a wank in the toilet all valid reasons for WiFi
Showsec will have spotters in there for this so watch your back ;-)

The BIG question is "How much ?" I bet its not free.

As someone else said, I'd like to think that it will come as part of your Platinum Seasoncard package, each cardholder will have a unique pin they can enter when prompted to gain access to the Wi-Fi. If you're not Platinum, or not even a seasoncard hodler, there could be a charge levied. They can't make it too much as otherwise people will simply not bother to pay for it and it'll be a wasted opportunity.

Not sure how that would work?
You will need a code to log in unless its free.
That means i could give you my code.
The only other alternative is to text the Platinum card holders the code on match-day and I could still give you the code.
They may have a reduced bandwith service which is free and them a 'premium' account if you choose to pay. Who knows?

TGR said:
Matty said:
cleavers said:
Showsec will have spotters in there for this so watch your back ;-)

The BIG question is "How much ?" I bet its not free.

As someone else said, I'd like to think that it will come as part of your Platinum Seasoncard package, each cardholder will have a unique pin they can enter when prompted to gain access to the Wi-Fi. If you're not Platinum, or not even a seasoncard hodler, there could be a charge levied. They can't make it too much as otherwise people will simply not bother to pay for it and it'll be a wasted opportunity.

Not sure how that would work?
You will need a code to log in unless its free.
That means i could give you my code.
The only other alternative is to text the Platinum card holders the code on match-day and I could still give you the code.
They may have a reduced bandwith service which is free and them a 'premium' account if you choose to pay. Who knows?

The same could be said for the currently "free" match day programme - I could give my mates my log in and they all could download it for free if they wanted.....

I don't think its an issue - they could always set it up like the OS & ticket site - Log in with patron code + password.

if the club don't offer this WiFi for free then it's a business opportunity missed as providing WiFi would enable fans to do all sorts of stuff from their seats such as Betting, ordering Food/Drink, and the ability to upload video/pics to the internet and create social media relevant to City = more exposure for the club.

Why Always Ste said:
if the club don't offer this WiFi for free then it's a business opportunity missed as providing WiFi would enable fans to do all sorts of stuff from their seats such as Betting, ordering Food/Drink, and the ability to upload video/pics to the internet and create social media relevant to City = more exposure for the club.

Ordering drinks and food would be a nightmare.

8000 points + cup scheme means you get served first (just before HT)

Blue members can expect to be served sometime after the match has finished.

I was at the Friends Arena in Stockholm last Friday and Saturday. Instant free wifi available. No mucking a out having to log on. It just worked.

WIFI Being Installed At The Etihad

Looks like we wont have the problems of going on our phones anymore, also includes better signal by O2!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Etihad-Stadium-wifi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... adium-wifi</a>

Re: WIFI Being Installed At The Etihad

MCFCmadman said:
Looks like we wont have the problems of going on our phones anymore, also includes better signal by O2!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2013/May/Etihad-Stadium-wifi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... adium-wifi</a>

You will be amazed at how quick it is compared to whatever you are using now.

Re: WIFI Being Installed At The Etihad

Wouldn't that just be another reason for a subdue atmosphere as a lot of people will be paying more attention to there phone and less in the match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.