The Etihad Pitch

That surprises me ! The grass isnt in great shape looks like it has some keen of fungus disease.
The bottom of the picture to the left of looks diseased because its yellow.
Plus the grass doesnt seem to be verti-cut etc !
The grass looks well trodden and knackered.
The grass looks to thick.
Just doesn't look like a top notch sports pitch. ;)

But I am sure the ground staff now what they are doing.

The problem this season was the pitch live span was over. Was due to be replaced last season but due to only 2 or 3 weeks before the restart they wasnt time.

Sports turf is becoming more and more scientific. Yet everyone thinks they can grow their back garden like a top end sports facility lol. I enjoyed that side of the job.
I got the pic of Google maps...screenshot!! Just zoom in to the centre circle!!
*edit...it was one of those panoramic photos from the centre circle...

Last edited:
I remember that match very well. It was a great display by West Ham. It was generally a brilliant season for City. League Cup win including knocking out United. European Cup Winners Cup winners. League double over United. The only other blot on the season was an FA Cup defeat to United.

The new pitch was completed a few days ago by the looks of things.

@cityreport on Twitter posted a picture of it on July 8 if anyone wants to post it on here. I can't do it as I'm not on there.

Looks brilliant though, Lee Jackson has done a fine job.

The new pitch was completed a few days ago by the looks of things.

@cityreport on Twitter posted a picture of it on July 8 if anyone wants to post it on here. I can't do it as I'm not on there.

Looks brilliant though, Lee Jackson has done a fine job.
Needs a few more weeks by the looks....

pitch 2.jpg

for years and years the FA were content to let clubs produce disgraceful playing surfaces. Derby had the worst, Ipswich the best. Arse had the smallest, City biggest, until Allison had it narrowed. We fans just shrugged, believing the mud-heaps were as good as possible. When city played Middlesbury in a cup replay the pitch was almost a lake, even though it had'nt rained for five days. Nowadays, the pitches are f'kin brilliant in comparison.
Some genius at the FA decided that having the Horse of the year Show on the Wembley pitch was fine 3 days before the cup final....Amazingly (NOT) nobody was sacked.

for years and years the FA were content to let clubs produce disgraceful playing surfaces. Derby had the worst, Ipswich the best. Arse had the smallest, City biggest, until Allison had it narrowed. We fans just shrugged, believing the mud-heaps were as good as possible. When city played Middlesbury in a cup replay the pitch was almost a lake, even though it had'nt rained for five days. Nowadays, the pitches are f'kin brilliant in comparison.
Some genius at the FA decided that having the Horse of the year Show on the Wembley pitch was fine 3 days before the cup final....Amazingly (NOT) nobody was sacked.

True to a degree but the advancement in science into sports turf along with much better machinery and product's. Plus better training for the groundsperson.
This has made huge difference to sports turf management.

True to a degree but the advancement in science into sports turf along with much better machinery and product's. Plus better training for the groundsperson.
This has made huge difference to sports turf management.
Yes and reserve games and others generally not played on the main pitch. We are lucky of course to have the academy pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.