The Etihad Pitch

Manchester1894

In the midst of our great winning streak, I saw a lot of comments on the state of the pitch during the Wolves game. We had a few home games for sure but nothing too bad, nor has the weather been horrific. I felt bad that so many were slagging it off - Lee Jackson and his team have been absolutely out of his world every season without fail. It also seems out of the ordinary for desso to look like that too. But maybe it's at the end of it's lifespan and might be replaced in the summer.

His twitter page is great for insight into prep etc and what they have to do post season/for concerts and on match day - but his account has disappeared recently. Hope he's not unwell and is still with the club too. Anyway, if he's on the forum, hope he reads this and knows we appreciate the work he does!

It doesn't look in great condition, wasn't it relaid during the first lockdown?

You’ve just reminded me of that. It looked the worst pitch I’ve ever seen at the Etihad. Although it seemed to look worse than the ball ran. You see us sometimes at places like Newport and it’s bobbling everywhere and definitely a hindrance.

Yeah, I was surprised by the state of the pitch on Tuesday. It's normally immaculate but looked a bit shabby the other night.

Although the pitch looked a bit off I though it was more down to the the way the grass was holding moisture and reflecting light in different directions. It certainly didn't play like a bad pitch. At no point did I see the ball bobble or deviate.

Compare and contrast to the Maine Road pitch in the late 80's when Stan Gibson and his team had to work round the clock to get the pitch anywhere near playable on match day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.