The Etihad Pitch

I did a tour a few years ago and when we went down to pitch side the guy showed us the pitch closely. It was like a waffle weave material and he said they go up and down it with like a big industrial sewing machine that injects synthetic fibres. Can't remember the actual percentage of what was grass but for some reason this year our pitch has deteriorated worse than others.

It needs sorting as it can't be helping the players and it also gives them an excuse!

Our pitch used to be the pride of the league!
Bring back Stan Gibson!

If the pitch is a problem we simply need to change tactics - same as those at the swamp. Keep the ball in the air not on the ground.
The pitch only became a problem when our firm started to revert to that of October November time. There was no mention of it during the great winter winning sequence. That said it does need a serious revamp.

I know I went to every home game from about 1966 to 1974, when I left Manchester. I just don’t remember getting battered by West Ham.
I remember that match very well. It was a great display by West Ham. It was generally a brilliant season for City. League Cup win including knocking out United. European Cup Winners Cup winners. League double over United. The only other blot on the season was an FA Cup defeat to United.

Yeah...it's one of my screensavers!

That surprises me ! The grass isnt in great shape looks like it has some keen of fungus disease.
The bottom of the picture to the left of looks diseased because its yellow.
Plus the grass doesnt seem to be verti-cut etc !
The grass looks well trodden and knackered.
The grass looks to thick.
Just doesn't look like a top notch sports pitch. ;)

But I am sure the ground staff now what they are doing.

The problem this season was the pitch live span was over. Was due to be replaced last season but due to only 2 or 3 weeks before the restart they wasnt time.

Sports turf is becoming more and more scientific. Yet everyone thinks they can grow their back garden like a top end sports facility lol. I enjoyed that side of the job.

That surprises me ! The grass isnt in great shape looks like it has some keen of fungus disease.
The bottom of the picture to the left of looks diseased because its yellow.
Plus the grass doesnt seem to be verti-cut etc !
The grass looks well trodden and knackered.
The grass looks to thick.
Just doesn't look like a top notch sports pitch. ;)

But I am sure the ground staff now what they are doing.

The problem this season was the pitch live span was over. Was due to be replaced last season but due to only 2 or 3 weeks before the restart they wasnt time.

Sports turf is becoming more and more scientific. Yet everyone thinks they can grow their back garden like a top end sports facility lol. I enjoyed that side of the job.
I always knew you were ITK. Eat your heart out Tolmie :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.