The F.A. and corruption

I had my corruption concerns when this little lot occurred recently:

1) West Ham were found guilty of failing to declare that they had fielded an illegible player, and breaching the rules on third-party ownership, and the Hammers were handed a £5.5million fine by the Premier League, but there was no points deduction.

West Ham get a fine, a Premiership club very close to the FA and you know the rest. But, is it just? Well then, look at this little lot (not all the same offence, but some surely are lesser offences):

2) Luton Town Football Club has had imposed upon it, in respect of 15 charges of misconduct, an overall sanction of a £50,000 fine along with a deduction of 10 points to be operative in the 2008/09 season.

3) Following notification that Wrexham Football Club has been made the subject of an Administration Order at the High Court in Manchester, The Football League has confirmed that the Club will be deducted ten points in accordance with its Regulations.

4) Mansfield Town Football Club can announce that a full and fair hearing took place at the Football Conference headquarters in Birmingham today regarding the registration of players at the club. However, "The club are disappointed to have had four points deducted as a result of the hearing."

5) At an FA Appeal Board meeting today, the points deduction imposed on AFC Wimbledon by the Ryman League was reduced from 18 points to three points. The points had been deducted after the club fielded an ineligible player, Jermaine Darlington, who had previously played for Cardiff City and had not obtained international clearance before representing AFC Wimbledon.

1 Rule for 1, and another for another. Pathetic bunch of corrupt twats.

SWP is being punished because they are a bunch of pricks. Simple pricks. Simple, corrupt pricks.

This b*ll*x that the ref did/didn't see the incident is just the FA's way of fiddling things in favour of the top four. So if the Man U player doesn't get punished during the game but video evidence proves there was some form of violent conduct they can turn round and say the ref saw it but got the decision wrong so the player can't then be punished!

But when the City player does something the ref didn't see the incident so he can be punished !!??

It's bullsh*t. This just ensures that the Un*ted player can get off scot free - we all know United players can do what the fuck they like on the pitch and the ref can say he saw the incident - therefore removing any punishment that can be imposed after the game by video evidence.

Someone please explain to me why this is rational ?

An offence is either an offence or it isn't, it can either be punished after the event or it can't.

For years I have been trying to convince myself I am being paranoid about any inbuilt favouritism or any sinister ploys to ensure the status quo of the top four - but particularly the rags - but week by week the injustices and bias is becoming ever more obvious. That Liverpool clip of Jo is a great case in point.

How could the ref not have seen Wright Phillips tap - and what the f*ck is the lad meant to do when someone kicks a ball at him with full force from two yards away - I would challenge anyone not to react under that provocation. If Delap hadn't done what he'd done then Wright Phillips would never have been in a position to have to respond.

I just hope the City fans pull together - we all know how invaluable Wright Phillips is to our attacking threat - and that if results don't go our way in the next three games - if he is banned - that we cut Hughes some slack.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=56135716499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 6135716499</a>

please join thiss the them corrupt cunts are gettin a fucking email , its a fucking joke

Blue Mooner said:
If Delap hadn't done what he'd done then Wright Phillips would never have been in a position to have to respond.

This.

Shauny has been getting kicked for weeks and has not responded ever once. He just gets up and brushes off and gets on with it. Delap should be given an extra ban after seeing it again; 2 deliberate fouls and then kicked the ball into Shaun after the whistle had gone. Complete bullshit that SWP should be punished.

Blue Mooner said:
An offence is either an offence or it isn't, it can either be punished after the event or it can't.

Exactly...

However we all know that rather than the F.A. being plain inconsistent with the application of their rules and regulations, they actually just have two vastly different sets of rules;

One set for the "top four"

And one set for everyone else.

That way the oppressive monopoly of the "top four" is the one and only guarantee each and every season, sure Aston Villa are going close this season, but you have to ask yourself - why were Arsenal (their main rivals for one of the coveted "top four" places this season) granted an extra 24 hours after the deadline of the transfer window to complete the signing of a player who will significantly enhance the quality of their squad (which as a result makes Villa's job just that bit more difficult to clinch a "top four" place)?

The stench is overwhelming.

It will stay this way until someone makes a stand and refuses to accept this destruction of our National game.

The F.A. have been slowly strangling the life out our National game ever since the Sky deal... less competition, the selected dominance of the "top four", and the alienation the match going fan.

Something has to be done.

BlueLonghorn said:
Blue Mooner said:
If Delap hadn't done what he'd done then Wright Phillips would never have been in a position to have to respond.

This.

Shauny has been getting kicked for weeks and has not responded ever once. He just gets up and brushes off and gets on with it. Delap should be given an extra ban after seeing it again; 2 deliberate fouls and then kicked the ball into Shaun after the whistle had gone. Complete bullshit that SWP should be punished.

What makes it more scandalous is that he gets the same punishment as Delap.

Blue Mooner said:
This b*ll*x that the ref did/didn't see the incident is just the FA's way of fiddling things in favour of the top four.
The only evidence City need to take into the hearing is the video of the incident itself:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.showtimearabia.com/PremierLeague/EPLHighlights_en_gb.aspx?ccode=MP&fname=3004592_300_29&sno=2341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.showtimearabia.com/PremierLe ... 9&sno=2341</a>

At the moment Shaun kicks out, the referee is no more than 5 yards away and is staring straight at SWP and Delap. Are we seriously expected to believe that he missed it?

And if he did miraculously miss it whilst staring straight at the two players in question, I'd suggest that being a Premier League referee perhaps isn't the best suited occupation for him.

The two stand-out incidents of last weekend show what a complete joke the FA and its rules are:
1). SWP flicks out, referee sees it and decides no punishment is necessary due to extreme provocation. RESULT: Decision overturned, 3-match ban.

2). Boswinga assaults Benayoun with the referee and linesman standing no more than two yards away. They both clearly see the incident and judge it so wrong that the linesman even flags for a Chelsea free-kick. The FA's rules have clearly been broken and two match officials admit to seeing the incident and getting it horribly wrong. RESULT: No further action.

And what evidence do we have to go on that a referee didn't see an incident? His own word. And that's it. Even when video evidence quite clearly proves that he did see it.

It's an absolute fucking joke as the FA's own rules only seem to be applied in certain cases. I have no problem with SWP being banned. I don't think he should be, because even Mother Teresa would've reacted to that level of provocation, but I can understand why a ban would be imposed.

What I can't understand is why the likes of Boswinga, Rooney, Gerrard, Ronaldo don't receive the same treatment.

The game has become a complete and utter fucking joke.

I have discussed this matter with a few liverpool and rag fans, and there is NOBODY that agrees. That is even more ludicrous, its so obvious different treatment. Its good to stand up for your team and players, but not disagree with FACTS ffs.

Dubai Blue said:
Blue Mooner said:
This b*ll*x that the ref did/didn't see the incident is just the FA's way of fiddling things in favour of the top four.
The only evidence City need to take into the hearing is the video of the incident itself:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.showtimearabia.com/PremierLeague/EPLHighlights_en_gb.aspx?ccode=MP&fname=3004592_300_29&sno=2341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.showtimearabia.com/PremierLe ... 9&sno=2341</a>

At the moment Shaun kicks out, the referee is no more than 5 yards away and is staring straight at SWP and Delap. Are we seriously expected to believe that he missed it?

Am I right in thinking that if one of the officials saw the incident and decided no sending off was appropriate, then the FA are powerless to retrospectively act and ban SWP? I think that is the case = that they can only act in situations where the incident went unnoticed by the officials at the time.

Assuming this is correct, then I think City should say to the FA that they will appeal any ban and if they fail in their appeal, they will take the FA to court. In civil proceedings in court they would only have to show that "on the balance of probability" the ref or linesman saw the incident, not that he definitely did or didn't. I am pretty sure the FA would lose such a court case.

City should take a stand and make their position clear.

Chippy_boy said:
Am I right in thinking that if one of the officials saw the incident and decided no sending off was appropriate, then the FA are powerless to retrospectively act and ban SWP? I think that is the case = that they can only act in situations where the incident went unnoticed by the officials at the time.
Correct. That is exactly my point. The referee clearly saw it and decided not to act. In the Liverpool/Chelsea game, the referee and linesman both clearly saw Bosingwa's assualt and decided not to act.

Only one of those players now faces a charge, despite both decisions being wrong by the letter of the law. The only difference is that our referee is now claiming not to have seen it, despite video evidence clearly proving that he did.

It's a load of fucking bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.