The FA

Drewmanc

Just having a chat with a pal and neither of us know if the FA are a profit making company or do they run on a small budget, giving most if not all of the Sky sponsorship money etc back to the leagues/clubs etc. If they do make money WTF do they do with it they must have bucket loads of the stuff!

If any of you could enlighten us we/I would be grateful!

Cheers

Drewmanc said:
Just having a chat with a pal and neither of us know if the FA are a profit making company or do they run on a small budget, giving most if not all of the Sky sponsorship money etc back to the leagues/clubs etc. If they do make money WTF do they do with it they must have bucket loads of the stuff!

Cheers

The FA and the Premiership are separate entities. The Prem is minted, the FA is not (although I don't know why not with, all the money they make from arranging pointless international friendlies throughout the domestic season just to raise a few quid.

You'd think otherwise with them making a gross profit of £600 for one nights 6- a side football.

I think you will find that it is Wembley that has blown a hole in the FA's coffers. I know my local FA, County Durham, made over £4m profit last year so i imagine that across the counties they are making a tidy sum. Again, i can only speak for County Durham but they put less than 1% back into grass roots football. Short answer, the FA are very profitable.

Pam said:
Drewmanc said:

Cheers

The FA and the Premiership are separate entities. The Prem is minted, the FA is not (although I don't know why not with, all the money they make from arranging pointless international friendlies throughout the domestic season just to raise a few quid.

FIFA set the friendly dates. all countries play them

boyblue1985 said:
Pam said:
Drewmanc said:

Cheers

Just because a date is designated as a "International Date" by FIFA doesn't force an individual FA to schedule a match on that date.

richardtheref said:
I think you will find that it is Wembley that has blown a hole in the FA's coffers. I know my local FA, County Durham, made over £4m profit last year so i imagine that across the counties they are making a tidy sum. Again, i can only speak for County Durham but they put less than 1% back into grass roots football. Short answer, the FA are very profitable.

Also millions of quid on trying to buy trophies with expensive foreign managers, which at international level I find a bit unsavoury and generally against the ethos of the international game. But Wembley was the big one, no doubt. Didn't it cost 800 million in the end or something insane?

Matty said:
boyblue1985 said:
Pam said:

Just because a date is designated as a "International Date" by FIFA doesn't force an individual FA to schedule a match on that date.

I cant see many countries that dont play friendlies on these dates. At least they dont have to leave the country

boyblue1985 said:
Matty said:
boyblue1985 said:

I cant see many countries that dont play friendlies on these dates. At least they dont have to leave the country

I believe FIFA can fine you if you do not play on these dates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.