The Fall - BM's best of thread

Peel session from 88.
I know I've posted this track before, but forgive me, it's just genius.
It's got 3 intros for a start, have a listen, it all comes in, but they take turns and build.
Then mark chimes in with the dour delivery, just perfect.
The song has so many twists and turns it's a joy to experience and I can't explain why I like it so much.
I never tire of listening to this. To me it has everything a decent song should have, a great hook, a strong bass line, powerful drums coming in when required, and a slightly cheesy keyboard riff.
Fine finish where it sounds epic.
A joyous mess of talent.
Perfect.

Last edited:
Peel session from 88.
It's got 3 intros for a start, have a listen, it all comes in, but they take turns and build.
The song has so many twists and turns it's a joy to experience and I can't explain why I like it so much.
I never tire of listening to this. To me it has everything a decent song should have, a great hook, a strong bass line, powerful drums coming in when required, and a slightly cheesy keyboard riff.
A joyous mess of talent.
Perfect.

Rampant.

At their best here I reckon.
I like to think he orcastrated this, the little subtle things going on in the background can't just be coincidence.
I love the fact that it sounds loose and almost unrehearsed, when in actual fact its probably one of the best songs of its genre ever committed to vinyl.
It's comfortably in my top 10.

Peel session from 88.
A joyous mess of talent.
Perfect.

Fuck me I haven’t heard that in over 30 years. It’s got the lyrics as well. I can’t quite make out who “is a real prick, he looks like Charles Atlas” but it’s pure MES. Also “Your manager wears specs and looks like Bob Dylan” too. Brilliant stuff.

I think MES's family are being a bit sensitive here..... sounds a good project and they are not a tribute band.
Anyone else listened to the House of All album? It’s pretty damn good.

Anyone else listened to the House of All album? It’s pretty damn good.
Forgot all about this. Just had a quick listen on YouTube and the first song is The Fall without Mark singing which sounds obvious but there's been plenty of pretenders music wise over the years. Thanks for the reminder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.