the Family Stand

i've nothing against families or kids, but the family stand idea isn't working in my opinion. In theory it's a good idea and serves ap urpose, but in reality we are left with a stand 90% empty for cup games. The league games are also littered with empty seats.

City should open up the whole stadium once again and let people sit where they won't to. There is nothing wrong with keeping the concorse under the family stand as it is.

It's (fill in as appropraite) to see the South Stand full of 6000 away fans, but to see the North Stand almost empty is madness. Why Cook and the people who run City can't see this and act on it is beyond me.

1.618034 said:
sniff said:
The ticket office job interview must be, can you sit up right ? the jobs yours.

they where selling them to anyone today mate no kids needed. but you couldnt choose a seat even though their where loads aound the ground. Was only allowed pre printed seats in the bottom of north stand.

tried to explain that i didnt want to sit their, but i may as well have told my dog.

Just go and sit where you want. There was plenty of room!

didnt want to sit in that stand at all!! And the fact it was empty again makes me ask the same question.

and i also didnt really have any idea of how many would be in the ground until i got in. In hindsight your suggestion is great.

jrb said:
i've nothing against families or kids, but the family stand idea isn't working in my opinion. In theory it's a good idea and serves ap urpose, but in reality we are left with a stand 90% empty for cup games. The league games are also littered with empty seats.

City should open up the whole stadium once again and let people sit where they won't to. There is nothing wrong with keeping the concorse under the family stand as it is.

It's (fill in as appropraite) to see the South Stand full of 6000 away fans, but to see the North Stand almost empty is madness. Why Cook and the people who run City can't see this and act on it is beyond me.
agreed

-- Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:50 pm --

annoys me how you cant get from 1st to 2nd tier

jimmymart said:
sniff said:
yeah i agree, but why move the area that is always full ?(the second tier)

the problem is more down to the fact the ticket site always tells you its sold out. If you check online you cant buy north stand tickets.

how many would they sell in any area of the ground if the site said their not for sale

Some S/T holders dont bother to turn up. Mainly i predict because "theres school in the morning". Very annoying.

you need to go and give your head a wobble, are you backing that up based on all the kids that didnt turn up at those sold out premiership games.

just to put it in clear terms for those that are suggesting people in the family stand are the only ones who stay away.

The home game against West Brom was 46826, taking away 3k from the extra away following at todays game.

that leaves us with almost 22000 less home fans today. Now unless the north stand is a tardis, id suggest the majority would have to sit in other areas.

unless the north stand got bigger that is.

I'm 14 and sit in the family stand and hate it. Every time you say anything you get 4 year old staring at you, all you can hear is haribo wrappers and there is more fucking atmosphere in a mourge. That said sat behind us and next to us are 2 lots of ST holders who are always good for a chat. I sit in 234 BTW.

Last season I sat in 231, the corner between the CB and the Family stand. 3 blocks away from where I sit now. The difference is staggering, it's unbelievable. The thing is, if I wanted to move you're looking at a season ticket which is twice the cost of where I am now, and well, that's just ludicrous. The whole thing is a joke, there is no atmosphere and the thing is like a theme park for 6 year olds, and when they do come they spend all matches playing on their DS while they're dad just slags of every single city player.

we should make the family stand relocate for cup games , and put south stand fans sc holders in there for cup games , we need our vocal support all together for cup games . Its not rocket science !! Those SC Holders who want to stay in the north stand can stay there . By the way crowd wasan embarassment yesterday

thank god i got evicted from north stand last season when other people in other area's of the stadium could not give a shit . Typical city messing things up , family stand should be level 3 end of .

instead of making it the official family stand with strict rules about having under 16s with you, could they not just call it the family stand but let anyone sit there but with rules about swearing inappropriate behaviour etc, and also offer cheaper tickets etc as an incentive to get families in, therefore being a compromise

we are in the family stand as SC holders , when I went to get the cup tickets I wanted an extra adult ticket and was told that the seats we usally sit in had gone but i could purchase three adult and one child tickets for the row in front , I said that I thought that you could only have two adults with one child , the ticket office said that that rule doesnt apply on cup games . When we sat down we could see that our usual row was empty even though I had seen on the computer screen at the ticket office that it wasn't available ??? Why just pick on the family stand when level 3 was closed in Colin Bell and only 3rd full on east stand .

rixtonblue said:
we are in the family stand as SC holders , when I went to get the cup tickets I wanted an extra adult ticket and was told that the seats we usally sit in had gone but i could purchase three adult and one child tickets for the row in front , I said that I thought that you could only have two adults with one child , the ticket office said that that rule doesnt apply on cup games . When we sat down we could see that our usual row was empty even though I had seen on the computer screen at the ticket office that it wasn't available ??? Why just pick on the family stand when level 3 was closed in Colin Bell and only 3rd full on east stand .

exatcly the same with us looked like almost all the seats had been sold, something went wrong somehow. yeah stop picking on us family standers, we have feelings too, and btw my 2 lads were chanting all the way through yesterday and not a single boring bastard around us (all adults, older teenagers) would join in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.