The Film "Paranormal Activity"

possibly the worst film i have ever seen.

i was laughing at all the 'scary' bits, very poor.

for a film that is supposed to be 'real', the acting is horrific. the start is so boring and the characters so whiny and unlikable that i really didn't give a shit about them. the plot was so formulaic and dull, the single camera during the night meant that any action there was was unseen (i get that was the point, but, it's a shit point). there were certainly a couple of nice bits of editing, but the exorcist rip off bit was cringeworthy and the ending was really lame. i can't believe anyone thought it was real for even a second. a very very poor man's blair witch project (which for all its faults didn't show any blatant special effects to ruin what was supposed to be 'real').

in summary:
utter crap of the highest degree.

i rarely try to jump on the 'hate something popular' bandwagon, but i really feel strongly about this movie and i can not fathom why people like it. i'm baffled by it. of course, it's only my opinion, fans of PA might hate 'drag me to hell' which i thought was a near perfect horror, equal doses of dark comedy, gore and suspense, played out with its tongue in cheek, not relying on cheap scares to be disturbing. i'm no expert in horror however, i'm just getting into it.

Why the fuck would anyone want to watch films like that?

Ghosty shite like that puts the proper fruity chews up me...

My Mrs watches tham and they make me nervous as fuck round my house for days after....

(I live in an old victorian terrace.....with a proper downstairs cellar...I once didnt go down there for 3 days once)

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and i thought it was ok. Some of the stuff made me jump, but other parts were just stupid. Would recomend it though, good to watch once.

I quite liked it. It's no Blair Witch but maybe that was because I was like 13 when I first saw that, and absolutely loved it. It's not like anyone believes this one is real though, that hardly even happen back when Blair Witch was out, but it's still a good film. Quite annoyed actually, tiny budget and it's made millions and millions so far - why didn't I think of it??

I enjoyed it, but I think watching it on a the PC rather than the TV limited the scare effect! Saying that, I watched it alone and in the dark and when I went to bed the bulb on my lamp blew and shit me up!

Anyone who wants to watch it, but doesn't want to stump up a cinema entrance fee, here's a link to a perfect quality torrent:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/137470277/paranormal+activity?tab=summary

Well worth watching IMHO, one of the scariest films of the year!

EDIT: When downloading, make sure not to download the toolbar that's been bundled with it. Can't be held responsible for any nasty Malware now, can I?

Pride_In_Battle said:
Anyone who wants to watch it, but doesn't want to stump up a cinema entrance fee, here's a link to a perfect quality torrent:

EDIT: When downloading, make sure not to download the toolbar that's been bundled with it. Can't be held responsible for any nasty Malware now, can I?

Can I ask a quick question regarding these torrent downloads to those ITK;

When downloaded, do you watch the film on the computer, or can you copy it to disc and watch it on your big telly?

TFC said:
Pride_In_Battle said:

Can I ask a quick question regarding these torrent downloads to those ITK;

When downloaded, do you watch the film on the computer, or can you copy it to disc and watch it on your big telly?

You can burn them off :) Thats what i do !!! x

wireprideinbattle said:
Quality film, shit me up no end. It’s not real footage it’s a proper movie with actors ha ha. Only cost $15,000 to make and grossed over $51 in the states in its first few weeks. First released back in 06 with very little success, now its just snowballed and is becoming a very popular film. Well worth a watch even if you don’t like horror movies.

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.