The Firm, Greenstreet etc.

Blue_Rossy

Quick question, my 14yr old nephew, who is a blue obviously lol, he watched the firm last night and he's watch greenstreet 1 & 2 and few other footie firm films in the spolight etc.
He asked me a question, "Why are all these films about footie firms only ever West Ham & Millwall" He said dont other teams have firms or are those two the best and thats why they made the films lol.
I couldn't really answer him. I said we used to have a firm etc. But tried not to give to much away as i dont want him going down that road.

So why are they ever west ham?

They're not, ID was about Shadwell Town. ;-)

Not sure what it is, i'm guessing its an accent thing. As much as I love our Manc accents, it'd be shit on a film. Half of the fun in Football Factory is the rhyming slag they use and the daft, Cockney expressions. Imagine a film set in Newcastle or to do with one of Wigan's firms or something?! I think thats what it is, mainly. Cass is a good film but for story line and entertainment, ID is the best.

Blue_Rossy said:
lol cmon Jimmy.

Not seen ID or Cass, i loved Greenstreet, football factory etc. Never really thought about accents? But dont "Oi ill kick fuck out of ya" Sound the same in any accent.

ID is definately the orginal and the best!

Awesome film ...... "shadwell army!!"

Blue_Rossy said:
lol cmon Jimmy.

Not seen ID or Cass, i loved Greenstreet, football factory etc. Never really thought about accents? But dont "Oi ill kick fuck out of ya" Sound the same in any accent.

No, its all the daft sayings the cockneys have, and the way its put across. I hate London, can't stand the place, but one thing I like about it is how a put down from a cockney sounds funny as fuck. Example, in Football Factory where they're on the piss and he says 'i'm gonna smash the granny out of her tonight'. Sounds piss funny from londoner that, and adds to the comedy value of the film. A manc would say, 'i'm gonna shag her tonight'! Doesn't sound anywhere near as funny. Thats what I think it is anyway, 'you facking mug'!

Fanzone Danny said:
Blue_Rossy said:
lol cmon Jimmy.

ID is definately the orginal and the best!

Awesome film ...... "shadwell army!!"

Yeah! 'Fackin lav you Gumbo'!

Yea I.D is the best footie firm film out there by a mile...

as for why are they millwall/westham ?

I put it down to the clubs being in the london area equals higher incomes thus more disposable incomes thus money to spend on the corporate crap they try to promote in the films such as the clothing and plush living, constant drug abuse whilst still maintaining a clean shave and nice car.

if they did a film as one poster mentions on say sheffield utd's firm it wouldn't be as glamourous as the said films, i mean just watch full monty - the lads had to go naked to catch an audience.

I'D wasn't about the corporate bollocks thats seen in the nick love flicks, it was gritty and more believable.
Cass is a good film, nothing spectacular about it but i didn't want that.

The new Firm by nick love i thought was ok - but only because danny dyer wasn't in it.

I find alot of the newer footie hooligan flicks have a big scent of homo-erotica in them, it could be gay club vs. rival gay club for all an american audience knew.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.