The first 6 League Games

Wile I agree that we don't know if the squad will gel, we were saying that last season.

And it's the same for all teams with new players coming in, maybe not to the extent that we have, but even so all teams have new faces at the start of the new campaign.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Is it realistic to say that our league season could be defined by the first six games?.

I mean it is a tough start with Tottenham, Liverpool & Chelsea in the opening six with a tricky game away @ Sunderland.

Win 4 or 5 of them, great & I will believe we can mount a serious title challenge, but I worry if it goes the other way. If we suffer the usual crash & burn at Tottenham and don't get positive results Vs Liverpool & Chelsea we could be behind the chasers with little margin for error for the rest of the campaign, also the press would go into anti-City over drive.

In a way Im glad we have the challenge of Spurs, Liverpool & Chelsea first up but I believe a lot will ride on our results against them in more ways than one.

Yeah I think the frist 6 games will define your season tbh. If you don't get off to a good start Mancini's job could come under question. If you get a new manager in he will take a while to get to know his players and it could lead to a few bad results. Sticking by the manager is the only way to success.

So we will have new players in that will need time to gel, but this also works the other way in that the opposition will not know how we are going to play the new players and what sort of formation we will use (though I feel Bobby will stick to what he is used to and 3 dm's will be the norm).

law74 said:
So we will have new players in that will need time to gel, but this also works the other way in that the opposition will not know how we are going to play the new players and what sort of formation we will use (though I feel Bobby will stick to what he is used to and 3 dm's will be the norm).

3 DMs??

We have played the diamond midfield in both games. So one DMs two CMs. and one playmaker.

i think we just need to stay within 6pts of who ever is top after 6 games shouldnt be too hard to make that up over the season if we are good enough.

Media change their fooking tune all the time, and opposition fans just parrot what they hear on the radio etc. Not long ago they were saying we wouldn't attract 'big names' cos we couldn't offer chumps league this season - funny you don't hear that one anymore. Now it's 'will the players gel in time?' We had a great start under Sven, and look how many players he brought in - it started going down hill when the other teams sussed our counter attacking style. Today on talkshite they've been going on about the 25 rule and how on earth will we cope? Another day, another anti-City story. Which ever way you cut it, there are a lot of cnuts out there willing us to fall on our faces this season...just wait for the 'what a waste of money' chants whenever we go a goal down.

Is it possible that mancini will bring the new players in gradually?, rather than putting them all in the side at the same time, so in effect it's not basically half a team that are getting to know each other, just put 2 or 3 in at a time, until there all ok with how the league is.

I think we'll have a slow start considering there's potentially 5 new Players to fit in to the Team. The opening Matches aren't kind but perhaps it's better to get some of these fixtures out of the way before we've got a pile up towards the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.