The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChicagoBlue said:
Think Pelle will be as conservative as necessary with players who play full games in midweek for their national teams, especially those that travel a long way. That's why I think Richards might get the start, with Zaba on the bench.

Additionally, it gives Pelle another CB on the field for when Clichy is released.

We dont play till Monday night - Are the midweek international friendlies really relevant to who the manager picks for this one? We're hardly at the end of a long season

bellbuzzer said:
blue b4 the moon said:
The thing with football is that the majority of decisions are in the opinion of the ref.

I can't really see how it can be extended past goals either as its a fluid game rather than cricket.

I'd like to see a time keeper and a clock that stops when the ball isn't on play.

Re the clock, i have done this several times (surprisingly difficult) and on average 65 mins is what we get when the ball is in play. It would do away with the inconsistency of extra time and an end to the scandal of "fergietime". Subs in the last seconds of injury time would be pointless and would hopefully disappear, blatant gamesmanship.
I would also like to see a straight red for a deliberate foul no matter where it is committed, at the moment it gives a team license to injure an opponent and rotate the culprits, fergiefouls

SKY or one of the other providers used to show an 'in play' time at the end of each half. Your figure is roughly what they showed.

I was on my mobi when doing my original post and you've covered all I wanted to say on the subject.

I never understood why threads like this are not in the Matchday forum?

That forums describes itself thus:

"All match previews, reviews and analysis"

Surely that is what this thread is???

Chippy_boy said:

We used to put the pre match thread in the match day forum but it never got going until the day of the game a user suggested that the pre match thread be put in the main forum so we tried it last season and it proved to be a hit with most of the members

Ducado said:
Chippy_boy said:

We used to put the pre match thread in the match day forum but it never got going until the day of the game a user suggested that the pre match thread be put in the main forum so we tried it last season and it proved to be a hit with most of the members

Fair enough. Saves people switching forums if they only want to visit Bluemoon I guess.

Well the 2 games last season against Newcastle ended 4-0 at home and 3-1 away with Yaya Toure playing a really important role in both matches. However a few of those goals were not clear cut but were more to the fault of Newcastle's defending so it could be an entirely different game this season.

I'm still looking forward to it though because Newcastle have become considerably weaker for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.