The first single you ever bought?

the blue panther said:
The Tams
Hey Girl, Don't Bother Me

Think it was a number 1 in about 1939 or so!

Great song that .... Tams version was 1971 , but the song had been originally released in 1964

and the b-side to that Tams single was also excellent ...... 'Be young , be foolish , be happy'!

Number 3 in the charts in December 1964 - I had been given a record token for christmas

Sorry
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL58-Sh94ms[/youtube]

the god Gerry Gow said:
Up the junction - Squeeze

On some sort of lilac coloured vinyl!!

Third Squeeze track so far - Cool for Cats

Was gutted that it came in a brown and ornage paper sleeve and not the picture cover I'd seen a few days before I got my spends.

First single I asked for was Jilted John - my Dad is called Gordon. How he laughed when he heard the song that his workmates had been constantly digging him about for the last three weeks. NOT!

first single I had a choice (of sorts) in was a group family purchase of Manfred Mann's 5-4-3-2-1...

can't recall first solo purchase, as I used to save for a weekly LP, though will have been a punk tune...

ReturnoftheMac said:
Alvin Stardust....My Coo Ca Choo. God I'm old !

Snap. Bought it on 7" think I still have it.
I recently heard that he wore those black gloves to hide the hair dye on his hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.