The Flag (Watford) after the game.

Blue Punter

Ok we lost, so I was half expecting it to be like a morgue.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Had a top night. Bumped into a few old friends and some top tunes on the jukebox. There was so many smiling faces that the bouncer had to enquire who had won and lost the game. Apparently in the past they've had a bit of mither with other teams (win or lose). Said the City fans were good as gold all weekend.

If anyone was in there, thanks for creating a brilliant atmosphere. Made me feel proud to be a blue.

beenmeaningtojoinforyears said:
Similar story in the Bree Louise near Euston Square.
Disappointed blues but a good sing song and all friendly though not many Wigan.

Was in here too. Great speech from landlady praising blues then atmosphere started. Wigan fans got clapped when they came in. Class

We went in the Flag after with the 2 girls. They were heartbroken but it was a good lesson in how we Blues cope with defeat.The singing helped the pain. Dont wont too many more lessons mind, will take me forever to get over it. Still not over Wolves 74 and Spurs 81.

Tube back into London Was rocking, couple of hours after a disappointing final and the whole carriage was belting out Yaya song. This is why I love being a City fan!

True fans do this.
The only bad point for me was that the Wigan fans boo'd our players at the end, I like a lot if other blues stayed behind to applauded Wigan upon there victory.
But we will return better and strong.
Great to hear of people still enjoying the trip we are on unlike reading of drunken fans of the same club wanting to fight each other.

Its in The Blood said:
The only bad point for me was that the Wigan fans boo'd our players at the end
Thought I was the only one who'd heard this.
And booing all our players names when read out announcing the teams.
It's what I'd expect from championship fans. Oh, wait...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.