The Flag (Watford) after the game.

Also hats off to everyone who stayed at The Quality Inn Hotel. Before and after the game it was rammed with City fans.

After the game the 4 Wigan fans in the bar were totally bemused as we serenaded them with

You won the cup
You won the cup
E eye adio you won the cup

Then

We lost the cup etc
We never win at home
Were not really here

City fans did a big conga around the hotel

Song after song until last orders

I'm proud to be blue and privileged to have been there joining in. It wasn't our day and we took it the right way, in the right spirit.

I feel ill, I'm hurting, I'm skint, I'm pissed off, but we will be back !

same in the greyhound after the match, city fans fussing over young wigan fan with a fa cup replica . singing and generally having a great time despite the result. made me proud to be a blue.had a brilliant time on the coach home as well ( reddish blues disco bus )ctid

Same around Paddington after the match had a few beers with Wigan fans no trouble at all,good to see.

we were in the flag before and after the match and it was a great atmosphere , my ticket was in the wigan end and when city were announced as the runners up around 75% of wigan fans booed our team . A real shame because the few thousands blues that stayed behind applauded their victory , at least we have proved we can lose with dignity , (something the likes of the Trafford buccaneers will never be able to) , I was also impressed with city players waiting and congratulating every on of the wigan players , pride in battle but also pride in defeat .

We were there before the game and about 10 of us went back afterwards about 21:00/22:00 top atmosphere the bouncer was having a laugh everybody was singing. I met an old colleague in there who lives in Watford and he said if he didn't already know the result he would have thought we had won.

Win or lose, we'll have a booze :)

jj moons was rocking ,after, well done blues ,ditto the tube after .

Yep was in JJ Moons after and felt like we'd won at times and also the bakerloo line back into town at 22:00..thought the carriage roof was going to come during the yaya song..other passengers looked on bemused :-)

Azzure said:
Yep was in JJ Moons after and felt like we'd won at times and also the bakerloo line back into town at 22:00..thought the carriage roof was going to come during the yaya song..other passengers looked on bemused :-)

was in jj moons down near the big screen singing my head off after the match, i had to do that otherwise i'd of gone under big time!! was funny at wembley central later on when we was giving the other platform with one of our mates on it shite! ended with us doing the poznan watched on by bemused wigan fans and other tube punters!!

bammy blue said:
Azzure said:

was in jj moons down near the big screen singing my head off after the match, i had to do that otherwise i'd of gone under big time!! was funny at wembley central later on when we was giving the other platform with one of our mates on it shite! ended with us doing the poznan watched on by bemused wigan fans and other tube punters!!

did you see a melon?

Josh Blue said:
bammy blue said:
Azzure said:

did you see a melon?

no melons of the fruit type, saw plenty of lovely lady type melons in city shirts though! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.