The Football Writing Festival

bluenova

Not seen any mention of this, but there's a "festival" of football writing on 6-10th at the National Football Museum.

Nedum is part of it, talking about his autobiography on Monday evening.

Also just a trigger warning for those with a sensitive disposition, the Sunday event has Rory Smith hosting, and Miguel Delaney is at the Tuesday event. Maybe keep this thread about the positive bits, and leave them in the media thread (he says optimistically)

The Football Writing Festival has been a thing for years. I've been to a couple of the Guardian Football Weekly live podcast shows as part of it. Back in the James Richardson days when it was worth listening to, before it turned into a Soccer AM style "banter" fest.

The Football Writing Festival has been a thing for years. I've been to a couple of the Guardian Football Weekly live podcast shows as part of it. Back in the James Richardson days when it was worth listening to, before it turned into a Soccer AM style "banter" fest.
I would guess any podcast where Barry Glendenning is working from home would be banter heavy.

I would guess any podcast where Barry Glendenning is working from home would be banter heavy.
Funnily enough on one of those it'd sold out before me and my mate managed to get a ticket. Glendenning sorted us out with a couple of free tickets and couldn't have been nicer about it - even knowing we were blues!

I can't stand him now but maybe it is all an act to play up to the 'heritage' teams thus get clicks and listens - but on the one time I met him in person he was really sound.

This was probably 2013/14 though so quite a while ago now.

Funnily enough on one of those it'd sold out before me and my mate managed to get a ticket. Glendenning sorted us out with a couple of free tickets and couldn't have been nicer about it - even knowing we were blues!

I can't stand him now but maybe it is all an act to play up to the 'heritage' teams thus get clicks and listens - but on the one time I met him in person he was really sound.

This was probably 2013/14 though so quite a while ago now.
I suspect most people are fine in real life.

Roll up, roll up to hear David Ornstein, Shamoon Hafeez, plus our very own Sam Lee talk about the evolution of the transfer market.

Then there's Adam Crafton, Carl Anka (another united shill at the Athletic), Guardian writer Sanny Rudravajhala and - drum roll, wait for it - Simon Stone talk about "geopolitical and increasingly controversial implications of football club ownership".

That latter one is just 4 weeks tonight. Can't fucking wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.