The forgotten few

Funny thing. Just had a message from a friend asking if I remember Nick Limber. I said yes we signed him from Doncaster and he never played for the 1st team.
He replied he is now a football coach to my friends nephew at Doncaster Grammar school
I remember him being signed but that was the last I heard of him. Never made our 1st team, I think.
I bracket him somehow with Mike lester, signed from Latics in 1974. I think Booky said "He's one for the future". Well, his future wasn't with us, tho' he played over 100 games for Scunny.

Cooper turned out to be a very useful signing. Saw out the 88/9 promotion and had another run in early 89/90 inc the 5-1, covering for an injured Dibble. Not a tall keeper but part of Bobby Robson's Ipswich team of late 70s/early 80s who won FA and EUFA cups and challenged for more.
Saved 8 out of 9 penalties faced in 78/79 season at Ipswich
Cooper turned out to be a very useful signing. Saw out the 88/9 promotion and had another run in early 89/90 inc the 5-1, covering for an injured Dibble. Not a tall keeper but part of Bobby Robson's Ipswich team of late 70s/early 80s who won FA and EUFA cups and challenged for more.
saved 8 out of 9 penalties faced in 79/80 season at Ipswich

Who remembers scott thomas? Came on as sub against QPR last game of the 94/95 season
I remember him, blonde winger who bigger things were expected of coming through the ranks. Dont recall him playing many (if any) more 1st team games. A few youth products of that era got to fringes of 1st team like David Kerr (scottish, i think midfielder) and Mike Quigley who seemed to be here for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.