The Forgotten Regulars (Dementia Group)

theres only one carlito

Fighting my way through the Rag infested jungle.
Team supported
Manchester City since 1980
Hello All,

My wife’s mum runs a dementia group (the forgotten regulars) once a month in Tyldesley at a pub called the Union Arms.

It was set up as means to help people with dementia and their carers get out and meet like minded individuals and couples who are suffering with isolation and a lack of social environments for them to go to.

Sharon, who runs the pub and event, set it up after her own mother was taken by the condition 8 years ago.

Tonight it featured on ITV News North west and was first featured last month on BBC News Breakfast.

Sharon feeds the group and provides entertainment (DJ) for free and relies heavily on donations through a just giving page and an annual festival at the pub on the august bank holiday.

I suppose I’m asking for donations and that any money received would be gratefully appreciated by the regulars more than anyone and would allow Sharon to keep going. (There’s a link in the report for donations).

I’d also like to ask anyone that is currently in this situation who cannot or hasn’t found an outlet they think would be beneficial for them or the person they are caring for, to get in touch with the pub to try to arrange to come down. The group is very popular so I can’t promise anything but maybe something to consider or find out about.

I’d also like to take the opportunity to thank Ric for allowing me to share this with the forum.

Here is the link to the report that featured tonight on Granada with the just giving link within.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.