The FTSE

I took a punt on some Arrival (EV Vans) shares recently and they are down by ~50% at present... SWMBO says "they're the last shares you are ever buying" ;-)
Could be a potential buying opportunity with them down that much.
On the other hand the big institutional investors seem to be bailing out and only hold a small proportion of the company which suggests there's a good chance they'll carry on going down.

Been thinking of having a dabble on these after WW's tip. Anyone know where he lives? :)
I'm a bit sceptical about the medium term recovery prospects of RR. Pre Covid they were mostly hovering between £2 and £3 for the previous 4 years, and that was largely based on record orders for aero engines. It's not clear how well that market will recover because no one really knows whether business travel will ever get back to where it was or whether the growth in online meetings as a result of the pandemic will take a chunk out of the business travel market for the long term. RR has steadily been between £1 and £1.20 (other than a couple of short term spikes in both directions) since the initial recovery from Covid between September and December last year when the real money was made, and has shown no sign of a sustained rise since.

I'm a bit sceptical about the medium term recovery prospects of RR. Pre Covid they were mostly hovering between £2 and £3 for the previous 4 years, and that was largely based on record orders for aero engines. It's not clear how well that market will recover because no one really knows whether business travel will ever get back to where it was or whether the growth in online meetings as a result of the pandemic will take a chunk out of the business travel market for the long term. RR has steadily been between £1 and £1.20 (other than a couple of short term spikes in both directions) since the initial recovery from Covid between September and December last year when the real money was made, and has shown no sign of a sustained rise since.
The Boeing negotiations will have an impact but I'm looking at a 3-5 year recovery term. I'm not at your level of understanding where shares are concerned but to anyone new to this business ISA's are the first step on the ladder. I invest £200 a month for myself and Mrs H, doing ok so far for a small investor, around 9% up at the moment.

The Boeing negotiations will have an impact but I'm looking at a 3-5 year recovery term. I'm not at your level of understanding where shares are concerned but to anyone new to this business ISA's are the first step on the ladder. I invest £200 a month for myself and Mrs H, doing ok so far for a small investor, around 9% up at the moment.
I'm not saying they won't do well in the long term but there's a lot of uncertainty. Potential changes in travel behaviours due to climate change are also a factor as well as recovery post Covid. On the other hand I'm sure there's loads of factors I haven't considered as I don't know much about their marine and industrial power businesses.

Is your £200 a month just going into RR? You might be advised to spread it a bit so you're not reliant too much on the fortunes of one company. I pay into a SIP scheme for my company and get a load of tax advantages for doing so, but every couple of years I sell all the ones that are available tax free and reinvest elsewhere to diversify.

I'm not saying they won't do well in the long term but there's a lot of uncertainty. Potential changes in travel behaviours due to climate change are also a factor as well as recovery post Covid. On the other hand I'm sure there's loads of factors I haven't considered as I don't know much about their marine and industrial power businesses.

Is your £200 a month just going into RR? You might be advised to spread it a bit so you're not reliant too much on the fortunes of one company. I pay into a SIP scheme for my company and get a load of tax advantages for doing so, but every couple of years I sell all the ones that are available tax free and reinvest elsewhere to diversify.
Cheers for that, I invest £200 through an Open Money account ISA in my name and £200 in Mrs H name through AJ Bell, both into their managed accounts. I did however put 3k into RR as an initial investment, seems to be doing ok but I'm in it for a the longer term. I only invested as I deliver to RR in the East Midlands a couple of times a week, there's no science to my investment!

Attachments

• 09DEE81B-917A-4D09-A7C0-EA0B1D3782AC.png
    09DEE81B-917A-4D09-A7C0-EA0B1D3782AC.png
    929.1 KB · Views: 14
Cheers for that, I invest £200 through an Open Money account ISA in my name and £200 in Mrs H name through AJ Bell, both into their managed accounts. I did however put 3k into RR as an initial investment, seems to be doing ok but I'm in it for a the longer term. I only invested as I deliver to RR in the East Midlands a couple of times a week, there's no science to my investment!
Good luck!
Hope you get a good return on your investment.

Good luck!
Hope you get a good return on your investment.
Cheers, it's just a bit of fun tbh, I only work part time now but I've always saved a bit of my earnings over the years. Had a disaster a few years ago which financially wiped me out, I've recovered now to point where I have equity in my house, a pension and small investments, I only need my beer money, City games, golf and a little holiday now and again, no need to earn big money:-)

Are stocks down a lot the past couple of weeks?
My nutmeg accounts are losing money every day at the moment. Think they have lost about 2.5% of their overall value in the past 10 days after 8 months of them doing well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.