The FTSE

Pre covid traded at $60-seems to be a target
Tech has been hammered this year.

Nasdaq index down 32% YTD.

Been a tough year for many investors with bonds having their worst year that I can remember. UK Gilt index down 24% over one year and Sterling Corporate Bond index down almost 17%.

Tech has been hammered this year.

Nasdaq index down 32% YTD.

Been a tough year for many investors with bonds having their worst year that I can remember. UK Gilt index down 24% over one year and Sterling Corporate Bond index down almost 17%.
Yep 2023 got to be better- hasn’t it??

I've got money in a stocks and share isa, which has lost a fair amount this year.

Anyone have an educated guess as to when it might get back to the level it was at the start of the year?

I am hoping by summer 2024 because I want to use the money to buy my car.

I've got money in a stocks and share isa, which has lost a fair amount this year.

Anyone have an educated guess as to when it might get back to the level it was at the start of the year?

I am hoping by summer 2024 because I want to use the money to buy my car.
First you need to find out what is in them. I know this is the FTSE thread, and I doubt more than 20% is anything to do with FTSE shares and then it will be particularly themed ones. The FTSE isn't any worse than it was at the start of the year.

Looking a few months ago the low risk ones took a bigger hit than the high risk ones for most banks, as the low risk ones are normally weighted towards Bonds with less Equities, and as Millwall says the bonds took a hammering.

Short answer, no idea. Some people may be able to guess if you tell them what the name of the investment fund is and risk level.

First you need to find out what is in them. I know this is the FTSE thread, and I doubt more than 20% is anything to do with FTSE shares and then it will be particularly themed ones. The FTSE isn't any worse than it was at the start of the year.

Looking a few months ago the low risk ones took a bigger hit than the high risk ones for most banks, as the low risk ones are normally weighted towards Bonds with less Equities, and as Millwall says the bonds took a hammering.

Short answer, no idea. Some people may be able to guess if you tell them what the name of the investment fund is and risk level.
Mine is in a nutmeg stocks and shares isa.
I've got about 80% of the money in a 7/10 risk pot and 20% in a 6/10 pot.
They are made up of about 70/60% equities and 20/30% bonds and then 'other' makes up the rest.

They have lost about 9% since the start of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.