The FTSE

Baillie Gifford have had a really good 12 months (They are very heavy in Tesla though which has helped hugely!)

I have a few of their funds and all have done extremely well. I don’t have America though sadly but do have the Positive Change one which is up 88% in 12m, (although I haven’t held it as long as that)

They are very growth stock orientated though which has been in favour. Value funds are showing signs of making a comeback so maybe things will flip going forward.
Yeah, I got lucky with BGA and got into it at a time where I managed to capture a lot of the gains from the past 12 months. Another decent one I have is Legal & General Global Technology Index

Quick question, my circumstances are about to change and I will be around £600 a month better off, I have a Vanguard ISA account that I recently set up and also have a company pension.

I want to make this extra money work and so I am considering putting it into the Pension or the Vanguard.

Not sure which would be best, I know if i put it into the pension it will be tied up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I don't know your age or how long you wish to work or how long it will be before you need to take the money but history shows that long term investment is the best way to build up your wealth. Either a pension scheme or an ISA is ideal for this as both have tax advantages not available to other punters. What will be a help to you is to remember what is known as the Rule of 72 and the Rule of 115.

If you invest a sum of, say, £1000, at an expected annual growth of 8% then that original £1000 will double in 9 years. If the anticipated growth rate was 10% p.a then that £1000 would double in around 7 years. The formula for the Rule of 72 is Time =72/Rate of return. The Rule of 115 is similar except this time you are calculating the time it would take for your investment to treble. Looking at this way, if you were to invest a sum of £1000 EACH YEAR and let it grow until you need it, you could end up with some serious money behind you.

Hope this helps your planning.

Was great, once we got past all the singing Chinese and hullabaloo

We knew about the 150kwh battery, but we didn't know it would be solid state, this is huge, solid state batteries are the next gen and many including Tesla have been trying to get to the bottom of this tech for a while, for NIO to announce they have it in production puts their tech ahead of Tesla when it comes to batteries, let's hope this will push on the SP next week, hoping to see 65/70 then a pullback to around 63/64 before the next big jump
Was waiting for your input on this thread re NIO Day and whether there would be any surprises on top of what was already known. The news about the battery sounds like it’s a real game changer. What the share price does in the next week doesn’t really bother me as I’m in it for the long haul but I still can’t help myself getting giddy/nervous when it goes up/down each day!

Was waiting for your input on this thread re NIO Day and whether there would be any surprises on top of what was already known. The news about the battery sounds like it’s a real game changer. What the share price does in the next week doesn’t really bother me as I’m in it for the long haul but I still can’t help myself getting giddy/nervous when it goes up/down each day!
Haha we all get giddy mate with the fluctuations I'm just the same even tough I'm long on NIO, and doesn't affect me in the long term
hopefully it will hold its gains from today, we've had some nice upgrades today BofA upgrade to $70 JPM $69 and Daiwa the best of the lot at $100
Im currently trying to find out who's going to be making the 150kwh solid state battery with NIO, I thought it would be CATL who have made the majority of their batteries, but it's not been confirmed and is looking more likely to be some one else,
I'm trying hard to find out who it could be but drawing a blank at the min, it could be a decent bet if i can find out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.