The FTSE

What I don't understand is how Melvin and Citron were able to short sell ~140% of outstanding GME shares. That seems to be the crux of the problem here and what actually needs fixing. They overextended themselves far more than they should have been able to.

I genuinely don't get how that's possible or even legal?

Debating getting in on the AMC train. Anyone else buy in?

What I don't understand is how Melvin and Citron were able to short sell ~140% of outstanding GME shares. That seems to be the crux of the problem here and what actually needs fixing. They overextended themselves far more than they should have been able to.

Debating getting in on the AMC train. Anyone else buy in?
NOK/AMC are the ones !

It’s legal but after the last two weeks, I don’t think anyone will be trying it again as r/WSB will now have 2.5m neck beards trying to be the next u/DeepFuckingValue (the guy that’s made $40m) whilst looking for the next over shorted large cap.

It was pure greed on their part as they’d been making 20% a year from shorting the stock and talking it down to anyone that would listen in the industry.

They’re doing the same with Blackberry and Nokia. I know Skip said BB was a good investment a few weeks back but guessing might be best to wait until this all dies down before dipping in?
Nokia will be worth double by COP tomorrow IMO

They’re doing the same with Blackberry and Nokia. I know Skip said BB was a good investment a few weeks back but guessing might be best to wait until this all dies down before dipping in?
Sold Blackberry because of this today at the peak. Difficult to know what’s going on but don’t plan on getting burnt.

Sold Blackberry because of this today at the peak. Difficult to know what’s going on but don’t plan on getting burnt.
Makes sense I sold my bitcoin tracker earlier this week and tempted to sell PLUG and CBDX. Feeling like 1999 in some of these hot stocks so taking some off the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.