The gallery of shame after the Tottenham pitch invasion.

worsleyweb said:
Mothball said:
I managed to get myself thrown out of the ground twice that game! Once for giving Dibble abuse, got back in at 3/4 time, ended up on the pitch and slung out again! Absolutely mad day that was!

Was that Andy dibble??

Ha Ha not quite Officer Dibble!!

I remember speaking briefly to Alan Hansen in the ground before the match who was backing city to win. We had such a good start with an early Mike Sheron goal then it went downhill rapidly from there.

I liken the pre-match atmosphere of that game to the 2011 Wembley semi against United, we were really up for it, so were the Spurs fans who filled the North Stand... yes they had the whole of the North Stand! Sadly the disappointment was too much for some and it was live on TV to make matters worse. Peter Reid was a dead man walking after this game and it proved to be a result which had far reaching repercussions for all connected to the club.

It was an embarrassing day to be a City fan.

As was usual at the time we'd managed to whip ourselves up into a frenzy of unrealistic hope after years of failure and relegations.

That's natural for any football fans.

But the pitch invasion was idiotic and childish.

I watched it from the Kippax.

I enjoyed seeing pitch invasions at Old Trafford and Elland Road when City were winning, but to see City fans doing it was not nice.

My mate invaded and his pic was in the gallery of shame in the Sunday Sport (of all things). A reward of £50 was available to anyone who shopped anyone. £50 would have come in handy back then but we all kept schtum. My mate combed his hair forward and we moved to a different place in the Kippax for the next few games whilst the hullabaloo died down a bit.

The invasion was bourne out of frustration and the realisation that yet again we were doomed to failure and another year of hurt was to be chalked up. Alan Hansen tipped us for the cup that year and we were all up for it big time. Typical City!

A copper banged my head against a bus full of Spurs because I was flicking the V sign at them. He then noticed my old man nearby who asked what the fuck he was doing. I didn't invade the pitch though that would just be daft.

Good mate of mine was on there.... he was high up in the Chadderton branch at the time.
Think he was number 3 photo if I recall!
He received a phone call (can't recall if it was from the dibble or the club) after someone grassed him up and he admitted it was him and never heard a word after that and was never ''banned for life'' as declared by Swales! Not even a one game ban!

Watching that from the Kippax while full of magic mushrooms is something I'll never forget. I never moved, just stood gobsmacked.

Grimble said:
Watching that from the Kippax while full of magic mushrooms is something I'll never forget. I never moved, just stood gobsmacked.

I am laughing out loud imagining that!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.