The game is off

Gotta admit from an armchair viewer I'm a bit gutted to not be seeing the club play tonight, but fair dos, I can imagine it's dreadful weather though, certainly not a good idea to be playing footie in.

Good news, all in all. Don't think I've ever been happy for a game to be called off, today is a first.

If Chelsea would won last night then might have felt different, however as it stands it's all good.

I had decided to give it a swerve anyway as the conditions on the motorways were ridiculous. Was in Blackpool before and the wind was ferocious. Stronger than any been in.

Should have been called off hours ago. Ridiculous to think it could go ahead and not to mention dangerous for everyone trying to get there. Fans come last as always.feel for Dawlish and all you fans who travel miles and for the Sunderland fans.

Blessing in disguise for us with the injuries. That's why I can't understand why we didn't push for it to be called off earlier.

Prestwich_Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
We could pretend it's on and do the Matchday thread as normal?
Great idea - with the addition of celebrity posters like you and me it will be like a breath of fresh air.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Yeah, don't be all coy you two.

Bluep*ss said:
proudbear said:
Does this mean we dont have to play before Chelsea? Or will it be tomorrow

It won't be tomorrow....... rest easy proudbear(interesting name).Next match is City v. Chelsea - FA Cup on Sat......TV 5-00pm.

it will be if it stops this bloody wind

Stretford Ender said:
knuckles said:
Here's a statement from the club...

"Manchester City can confirm that this evening's fixture versus Sunderland has been postponed due to exceptional and escalating weather conditions. The safety of those in around and travelling to the stadium complex cannot be guaranteed.

"This decision has been made by the Safety Officer and Greater Manchester Police. Both managers and the match officials understand and support this decision.THIS SERIOUS WEATHER EVENT HAS COME AS A COMPLETE SURPRISE" /quote]
As Bricktop might say; ''Are they taking the piss?'' This weather was forecast a couple of days ago. It was pretty rough over here today, though it was far worse down the South of the country around Cork (and as it normally heads West to East, you're probably getting what we had this afternoon), and it has eased off this last couple of hours. Mixed feelings about the postponement to be honest. It means one less game without our missing A-listers. On the other hand though, fixture congestion later in the season.

I drove back from the Lakes earlier and the car was literally bouncing around the motorway, extremely scary,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.