The Gareth Barry Love-in

Funny thing is Sabster, Dax, myself and a few others were widely berated last season for having the audacity to see Barry was a far superior footballer to De Jong.

i used to get really pissed off and defensive when friends and colleagues at work would slag Barry off (you know, the whole "Barry is shit, he got skined in the World Cup by Ozil" shite). Now, i just sit back, with this little smirk on my face, like i know something they don't. It's like being the only one in the room in on the secret. I just think, "bless 'em, they don't get it!"
It's a great feeling!

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Gareth Barry = Hard work, reliable, Good engine, excellent passer, midfield dynamo.
Definitely one our unsung heroes, really hope he, Lescott, Milner and Nasri get a winners medal so they can stick two fingers up to all the fookers who said they were only coming to us for the cash.

If we win the league, I want to make sure that next season, when those Villa nobheads come to our place, we've printed out loads of pics of GazBaz holding up the Prem trophy, which we can wave at them, like they did with the fake bank notes when he came to us. Same for them pricks from Goodison & the Arse! This would be a quality way to show them how wrong they were!

Gareth Barry is my player of the season & anyone who thinks he's an average midfielder is a fucking moron. This wank fest over "ScotTY" (TM) Parker stems from a lack of knowledge of the game. The reason he gets plaudits ahead of our Gareth is because a lot of the challenges he makes are blood & thunder, go to ground, last ditch tackles. He makes that sort of challenge because he has to. GazBaz doesn't, because he reads the game a lot more astutely & is in the right place at the right time more often than not, averting the needs for "last ditch" challenges. He's not the fastest, admittedly, but he doesn't need to be, because of the footballing brain he's got!

As for Carrick - fucking hell!!! Not even close! And he looks like a frightened gerbil!

ade_105_r said:
i used to get really pissed off and defensive when friends and colleagues at work would slag Barry off (you know, the whole "Barry is shit, he got skined in the World Cup by Ozil" shite). Now, i just sit back, with this little smirk on my face, like i know something they don't. It's like being the only one in the room in on the secret. I just think, "bless 'em, they don't get it!"
It's a great feeling!

Like a silent but deadly fart?

fantatsic player and great profesional. most underated player i think i have come across. breaks up play/plays simple when needs to players a long ball must give defence so muhc confidence playing behind him nowign they have got protection.

I always rated Gareth while he was at Villa and I've been a fan ever since he joined, I remember his signing being a highlight during a rather depressing and ultimately unsuccessful period of GCSE exams. If he had pace, he'd be lauded as one of the best around in his position, and we've a lot to thank him for while he's been here. I can see his role decreasing over the next 2/3 years but I hope he ends his career here and I can see him being like Paddy V in a sense that he could easily take on a coaching or admin role.

vonksbignose said:
AshtonBlueMooner said:
Gareth Barry = Hard work, reliable, Good engine, excellent passer, midfield dynamo.
Definitely one our unsung heroes, really hope he, Lescott, Milner and Nasri get a winners medal so they can stick two fingers up to all the fookers who said they were only coming to us for the cash.

If we win the league, I want to make sure that next season, when those Villa nobheads come to our place, we've printed out loads of pics of GazBaz holding up the Prem trophy, which we can wave at them, like they did with the fake bank notes when he came to us. Same for them pricks from Goodison & the Arse! This would be a quality way to show them how wrong they were!

Gareth Barry is my player of the season & anyone who thinks he's an average midfielder is a fucking moron. This wank fest over "ScotTY" (TM) Parker stems from a lack of knowledge of the game. The reason he gets plaudits ahead of our Gareth is because a lot of the challenges he makes are blood & thunder, go to ground, last ditch tackles. He makes that sort of challenge because he has to. GazBaz doesn't, because he reads the game a lot more astutely & is in the right place at the right time more often than not, averting the needs for "last ditch" challenges. He's not the fastest, admittedly, but he doesn't need to be, because of the footballing brain he's got!

As for Carrick - fucking hell!!! Not even close! And he looks like a frightened gerbil!

Loving this thread, and it's well deserved comments, Gareth has been overlooked for the credit he deserves by media and fans for years.

I've worked at Villa for years and he was consistently there best player for many, many seasons.

I was over the moon when City signed him.

Those that argue Parker and Carrick are better players should give there head a shake. Gareth has played over 560 Premier League games, and over 50 times for England under 5 different managers.
Parker had one good season with West Ham (a relegation season) and suddenly became the Media darling, he's played far less games, some in lower leagues and has only 11 England caps.
Carrick has played less games as well, again some in lower leagues, and has half the England caps.

and Gareth's scored more goals than both.

Villa fan's won't give him credit now because he left them for a team going places, they just bring out the 'gone for money' line. They could certainly do with him now.

I for one, am delighted he's at our club and playing so well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.