The golden age of boxing

To all you FOC's. Who do you root for! Ali. Frazier, Foreman or Norton?

I was always in Ali's camp, but looking back wish I'd just remained neutral and enjoyed what was very special

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/the_golden_age_of_heavyweight_boxing.html
As an old git I can say I saw all of the above and of course Larry Holmes in their prime and boy were they a sight to behold,hard for me to pick out a favourite but if I was pushed I would have to say J.Frazier for his bravery stamina and the most vicious of upper cuts, truly he could have taken off someone's head with one of those.

Joe Louis for me but plenty of contenders at heavyweight, Jack Johnson also up there. Best boxer of all time Ray Robinson at any weight imo. Marciano is my fav heavy, not saying he was the best just loved his style. Ali said he would of been his toughest opponent had they met in the ring. Plenty of great fighters who deserve a shout.

To all you FOC's. Who do you root for! Ali. Frazier, Foreman or Norton?

I was always in Ali's camp, but looking back wish I'd just remained neutral and enjoyed what was very special

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/the_golden_age_of_heavyweight_boxing.html

There was a great documentary film called "Champions Forever" that charted the course of the careers of Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton and Holmes and how they intersected. It was made in the mid to late 80's. I used to have it on VHS. It's probably still available somewhere. Very interesting and some great footage. Foreman was humble and articulate. Frazier came across as aggrieved and a bit dumb. Ali was Ali.

It was always Ali for me. He's still my ultimate sporting hero. Mainly because he was so much more than a sportsman, and was willing to sacrifice his sporting gifts for a higher cause.

There was a great documentary film called "Champions Forever" that charted the course of the careers of Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton and Holmes and how they intersected. It was made in the mid to late 80's. I used to have it on VHS. It's probably still available somewhere. Very interesting and some great footage. Foreman was humble and articulate. Frazier came across as aggrieved and a bit dumb. Ali was Ali.

It was always Ali for me. He's still my ultimate sporting hero. Mainly because he was so much more than a sportsman, and was willing to sacrifice his sporting gifts for a higher cause.

Is this it?

They were before my time but obviously seen them all, but growing up my dad used to get me up in the early hours to watch tyson.
But from a kid to young adult loved the era of eubank, Benn, Collins, Lewis.
Don't think you appreciate current boxing until afterwards. Roy Jones Jr in his prime was untouchable.

Hagler/hearns/Leonard/Duran is what I'd say was the golden age
I was thinking exactly the same when the thread appeared. They had some great fights between themselves in the 80s.
I believe Thomas"The Hitman" Hearns is now a City fan as he is a regular poster on Bluemoon.
And wasn't Roberto Duran known as "Hands of Stone"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.