The great queue of '99

Travelled to London from N.Ireland via Scotland, didnt have a ticket. I found a Gio fan outside Wembley selling one for £40 (would have been a bargain if it was in the City end)

The one sight that will never leave me from that day is when Dickov scored. Watching all the City fans from the opposite end was like a Big Blue Animal comin atcha, fantastic sight and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Got there at 7.30pm and left at 10am clutching my tickets. Middle of my GCSEs but well worth it just wish if got a couple of hours kip but the singing that night never stopped. Had a top laugh and remember singing the Terry Cooke song down the phone to stanich on key 103!

Got there around 8.30 and finally got a ticket at around 8 at night. I always remember queueing through the stadium and the walls being full of graffiti with the best being " 2 hours to the Kosovo border".

For the semi for some reason they did not start selling tickets until 5 pm, after waiting all day and receiving a fabled raffle ticket from the club I managed to get my tickets only for others with the raffle ticket to get turned away after 9 hours of waiting.

it was a fuckin disgrace that a club citys size couldn't handle postal applications,yet Bolton could the same weekend.
they could also have used turnstiles as temporary ticket windows but as always fuck all changes at citys ticket office,its always been wank

i spent the whole Night outside the kippax, was one of the first in the queue...had mates turning up at all hours, with food and bevarage, on the premise id get there ticket

I got to Maine Road at 9.30am and got my ticket just before 9pm.

I remember turning up at the ground to see the end of the queue at the corner of the Platt Lane End and the Main Stand moving towards the ticket office. I thought to myself, "that's quite a long queue but it should take a hour and half at the most" only to discover when I got to the ticket office that it wasn't the end - it went behind the North Stand and part of the Kippax and then doubled back on itself!

The lowest moments were inside the North Stand concourse, looking at closed burger stalls and beer huts, I had nothing to eat and drink all day as I didn't want to lose my place in the queue.

I remember when I finally got my ticket I just went home and slept for about 20 hours!

I've actually got the stub and programme in front of me, my ticket cost £22 and I was sat in Block 121, Row 24, Seat 124.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.